Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

which one is the fuse for the damn power seat?

4K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  OhioSpyderman 
#1 ·
this is the third time this crap happens to me, on the way back from pampena today, (thanks Dave for the S-afcII) my seat decided to work again after like 2 weeks of not working, but only 1 catch, it only moves forward and up, it will not go backwards which is what I needed, I drove with my knees on my chest again and it was not comfy in the least, WTF is wrong with this thing? I have plans to just get rid of it for a non powered seat but until then I must live with this one, does anyone have any idea what I can do? is there anything I can pull? or maybe just have it work only so I can set it where I want it and then disconnect the piece of crap until I can get a new seat?

:confused:

#2 ·
I have not the faintest idea. I put my non-powered ES seats in my VR4, since my TT's powered ones didn't work right half the time, and are missing half the foam(And are cloth, to boot!). I'm going to go search and see if I can find anything for ya.

Quick question, though....what headlight lense are you using with your popup HIDs? That's a mod I've been looking forward to doing for a while..

#3 ·
If it moves forward and not backwards, its NOT a fuse....more likely the switch...

Bob.

#4 ·
You know what..you're right. Don't know why I didn't think of that.

I have a working switch(I think) from my VR4, since it's not going to ever have powered seats. Guess I need to pop the switch, yank it, and do a continuity test for each position. too bad my multimeter is in my friend's work truck..

#6 ·
Not that I know of...and unfortunately, if you can't get it back, you can't get it out....

Maybe you can get the switch out and somehow short the "backwards" terminals????

Bob.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.