Oil / water Fittings - opinions - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center
3000GT/Stealth International 3000GT/Stealth International

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Automotive Discussions > General

3SI.org is the premier Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2013, 08:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
TOO FAST TO CATCH!

Stealthmonkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Default Oil / water Fittings - opinions

Hey everyone. tried searching for the direct answer and couldnt find anything detailed. So I am doing a 93 TT build right now. I would like to replace the stock Oil and water lines on the turbos with SS lines and or Jegs fittings and lines. I also want to go ahead and replace the oil cooler lines as well.

What I am looking for is your input do's and dont's things you all have found that works. Also if you are recommending any please include a name or website so I can research it. Thanks!
Stealthmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2013, 11:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
Verified Seller

Drives: 1992 3000GT VR-4
Djmba is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews

I just did my oil lines. The oil feed lines can be -4AN or -6AN. I used-4AN. The hole in the -4 banjo fitting is SLIGHTLY smaller than the OEM one, but they are just about the same when you take into account how the bends in the OEM line reduce the inside diameter. I made returns, but they were shaped wrong so my car smoked. They are gravity fed, so long as the returns don't plateau or "U" you should be fine. I just made another rear return line and put it on yesterday. I made it using the Rob Beck method and cut my stock return lines and slipped -12AN over them with hose clamps. This is the cheapest method by far. I will order some of these: http://stores.ebay.com/autofittings/..._fsub=13757110 soon to replace the hose clamps at the oil pan for a cleaner look. I will most likely do this for the water lines this way as well so I don't have to modify my water housing. Make sure you get a 90 or 45 degree fitting for the front oil feed line where it bolts to the oil filter housing behind the AC compressor otherwise it will block bolt holes. All of the other fittings can be straight, provided you have enough hose. Some pics of the rear feed, front feed and how it blocks the bolt holes, and the Rob Beck style returns:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1357146034048.jpg (90.4 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1357146057340.jpg (83.4 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1357146075970.jpg (81.4 KB, 38 views)

3.01L, 13T turbos and supporting mods.

Last edited by Djmba; 01-02-2013 at 11:16 AM.
Djmba is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 11:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
Verified Seller

Oh, since you say you are doing a build, I assume the engine is out of the car. GOOD. It was a pain in the bootie to mock up the returns in the car, trying to see how the flow is going to be and everything from the wheel well.

Also, SS lines make working on the car 100 times easier.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
TOO FAST TO CATCH!

Default Re: Oil / water Fittings - opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djmba View Post
I just did my oil lines. The oil feed lines can be -4AN or -6AN. I used-4AN. The hole in the -4 banjo fitting is SLIGHTLY smaller than the OEM one, but they are just about the same when you take into account how the bends in the OEM line reduce the inside diameter. I made returns, but they were shaped wrong so my car smoked. They are gravity fed, so long as the returns don't plateau or "U" you should be fine. I just made another rear return line and put it on yesterday. I made it using the Rob Beck method and cut my stock return lines and slipped -12AN over them with hose clamps. This is the cheapest method by far. I will order some of these: AN -6 AN6 Fittings Adapter Oil Fuel Water Hose Clamp Finisher 16mm Red items in autofittings store on eBay! soon to replace the hose clamps at the oil pan for a cleaner look. I will most likely do this for the water lines this way as well so I don't have to modify my water housing. Make sure you get a 90 or 45 degree fitting for the front oil feed line where it bolts to the oil filter housing behind the AC compressor otherwise it will block bolt holes. All of the other fittings can be straight, provided toy have enough hose. Some pics of the rear feed, front feed and how it blocks the bolt holes, and the Rob Beck style returns:

This is helpful do you have a parts list?
Old 01-02-2013, 12:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Verified Seller

I bought the feed lines from a member on here so I don't have part numbers for those. For the feed lines you will need:

(3) straight -4AN fittings
(1) 90 or 45 degree-4AN fitting
(4) -4AN (10 mm I believe) banjo fittings. Use your stock bolts.
I can't find my front feed lines, but the rear (as best I can tell from in car measurements anyway) looks to be about 28 inches long.

I don't have part numbers for the first set of returns I made because I had the fittings laying around. If you do the Rob Beck style returns, you will need 3 feet of -12AN. This is more than you will need but it will give you some room for error. Cut your OEM lines for the flanges.

You can get new crush washers from ninjaperformance.com
Old 01-02-2013, 11:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
TOO FAST TO CATCH!

Anyone have any info for the oil cooler lines?
Old 01-04-2013, 02:09 AM   #7 (permalink)
Rollin, Rollin, Rollin

Drives: 98 3000gt VR4
beefy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews

There is good info here.....Stealth 316 - Front-mount oil cooler
Old 01-05-2013, 04:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
Verified Seller

Drweldin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 165 reviews

Pay a little extra for the name brand stuff...Earls, Aeroquip, etc...
If generic I think the Jegs stuff is marginally better than the Summit, although the anodizing colors are less consistent...

3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Automotive Discussions > General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Free email addresses do not work(yahoo, hotmail, gmail,...)
We are currently being blocked by AOL so any AOL based address may not work(aol.com, aim.com, netscape.net, cs.com)
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.