New invention, convert OBD1/MUT into Canbus OBD2 for Torque App, and read Flex Fuel - Page 9 - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center
3000GT/Stealth International 3000GT/Stealth International

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Automotive Discussions > General

3SI.org is the premier Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: Do you want one of these?
Yes I am interested, I have money. 22 81.48%
Yes I am interested, no money. 5 18.52%
No thanks. 0 0%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2017, 02:50 PM   #81 (permalink)
Verified Seller

Drives: 93 RT/TT
BlackStealth Level 1BlackStealth Level 1
Feedback Score: 252 reviews
Default Re: New invention, convert OBD1/MUT into Canbus OBD2 for Torque App, and read Flex Fu

I have most of the components installed (95%), just waiting on parts to be delivered.

High quality 2.85mm ABS plastic made in Canada: RepRap Prusa Mendel ecksbot 3D printers in Canada | EckerTech Inc
Prints at 245C-255C, low shrinkage/warping.

High quality 3.00m ABS plastic: ORD Solutions
Prints at 245C. Very low shrinkage/warping. I managed to get mine for $15/kg when it was on sale. I only bought one roll (Brown), and discovered it was good stuff. When I returned to buy more the only colors available during the sale was Purple and Pink. I bought every single roll they had left, lol.

Every plastic I order from ebay have different issues. I notice if it prints at a lower temperature (220C), it suffers from bad warpage/shrinkage, and the nozzle leaks the so called ABS plastic when the printer is warming up. Where as the quality stuff doesn't leak any.

I heard Makerbot makes good plastic, they make theirs in USA. Never purchased from them though.
BlackStealth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2017, 07:56 PM   #82 (permalink)
Creator of weird stuff...

Drives: 93RT/TT & 1/2 92R/T
drgonzo3000 Level 1drgonzo3000 Level 1drgonzo3000 Level 1
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Default Re: New invention, convert OBD1/MUT into Canbus OBD2 for Torque App, and read Flex Fu

mine printer uses 1.75mm filament so maybe that's why i can't find any good ones. the more higher end printers all use the 2.85mm filament.

On a side note, for those looking for a good ELM327 ODB connector to sue with this and you have an Iphone, you can use this - https://www.amazon.com/iKKEGOL-Diagn.../dp/B00PFFG1EO

I bought one awhile back doing some testing with the Chrome ECU ODB2 and Torque Apps and such. This one worked fine with my iphone. Iphone does not support the Bluetooth versions so you have to use the WiFi versions. it's a little more pricey but I have used it on about 6 different makes/model cars including the Chrome ecu and it has always worked fine.

Check it out on Youtube!!

93 Stealth TT - The Stealth Project

Renegade Tech Works ECS Controller on Intrax Springs
Chrome ECU
Hybrid 13g's
EVO 560cc Injectors
Spec Stage 3 clutch
Ninja Performance Output shaft & Input spool
Ninja Performance Solid Tensioner & Gates racing T-Belt
CX Racing Dual Core FMIC
Megan SS Exhaust
Fidanza Cam Gears and Clear Covers
3rd Gen Lifters
HKS BOV
K&N FIPK
Maximal High flow converter
Walbro FP & FuelLab FPR
Maximal and Seattle Solid Mounts
All -6an Lines
Custom -6AN coolant neck lines
AWS/ABS/Cruise Delete
MP Rear Control Arms
SS Brake Lines
99 Front Conversion
2nd gen Rear Bumper
99 Combat Wing
Complete interior LED Swap
Skillard Fuel channel
Oohnoo FPR Bracket
More to Come......
drgonzo3000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2017, 02:32 PM   #83 (permalink)
ThinkFastLookAliveDieHard

Drives: '94 VR4
Merclb56 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

+1, have money, waiting patiently

Old 03-20-2017, 03:03 PM   #84 (permalink)
Verified Seller

I think tomorrow I'll have all the parts arrived to build them.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:16 PM   #85 (permalink)
Verified Seller

drgonzo3000: Since you already have Torque running, could you verify if this is correct?

Bank 1 sensor 1 - Front O2 sensor
Bank 1 sensor 2 - Main Cat O2 sensor
Bank 2 Sensor 1 - Rear O2 sensor
Bank 2 sensor 2 - Main Cat O2 sensor

One way to verify is to temporarily unplug your Front O2 sensor before starting your car, and verify Torque is seeing no voltages. And similarly the rear O2 sensor can be done in the same manner.

I'd like to get this right the first time. I unfortunately cannot test on my car, my O2 sensors have long died, and I have them disabled in the firmware.
Old 03-21-2017, 07:16 AM   #86 (permalink)
Creator of weird stuff...

Drives: 93RT/TT & 1/2 92R/T
drgonzo3000 Level 1drgonzo3000 Level 1drgonzo3000 Level 1
Feedback Score: 58 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStealth View Post
drgonzo3000: Since you already have Torque running, could you verify if this is correct?

Bank 1 sensor 1 - Front O2 sensor
Bank 1 sensor 2 - Main Cat O2 sensor
Bank 2 Sensor 1 - Rear O2 sensor
Bank 2 sensor 2 - Main Cat O2 sensor

One way to verify is to temporarily unplug your Front O2 sensor before starting your car, and verify Torque is seeing no voltages. And similarly the rear O2 sensor can be done in the same manner.

I'd like to get this right the first time. I unfortunately cannot test on my car, my O2 sensors have long died, and I have them disabled in the firmware.
I'll try and remember to take a look this weekend. I don't know if I can get to the front O2 connector as mine is tied up down by the AC compressor.

Wondering is disabling it in chrome would stop the signal going out to ODB2? If thats the case I should easily be able to check them out.

**Just went to look for the app and it seems Torque is not available for IOS. It is Android specific. I just have ODB Fusion App and DashCommand. DashCommand is cross platform and they have great displays.

I have an Android tablet here running Jellybean i think. I'll see if I can get it connected using the WIFI Dongle as it does not have Bluetooth. It's a cheap tablet.
drgonzo3000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2017, 07:57 AM   #87 (permalink)
Verified Seller

I searched on 3si.org but I can't find a definite answer on that question. ie. Which sensors are on which banks when it comes to OBD2 nomenclature.

Maybe I should clearly rephrase my previous instructions. Unplugging the O2 sensor connector harness will accomplish the task at hand. Physically removing the O2 sensor is not required, lol. Anyhow, even unplugging the rear O2 sensor harness alone should provide the answer we are looking for.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:42 AM   #88 (permalink)
Verified Seller

When using a 99 3000GT USA ECU, I wanted to show a screen shot of the before and after difference. The after is when my device is used.

Here you can see a few new PIDS have been added (Fuel pressure, Ethanol Fuel%, Battery ECU voltage, etc). I also re-purposed the O2 S1-S8 PIDS into more useful PIDS such as Knock sum, WBO2, Boost pressure, etc. When you create a custom PID in the Torque software, you can assign easy to understands names such as Knock, and it will shop up that way in your gauges and in menu selections.
Old 03-21-2017, 12:31 PM   #89 (permalink)
Forum Member

Invictus is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStealth View Post
When using a 99 3000GT USA ECU, I wanted to show a screen shot of the before and after difference. The after is when my device is used.

Here you can see a few new PIDS have been added (Fuel pressure, Ethanol Fuel%, Battery ECU voltage, etc). I also re-purposed the O2 S1-S8 PIDS into more useful PIDS such as Knock sum, WBO2, Boost pressure, etc. When you create a custom PID in the Torque software, you can assign easy to understands names such as Knock, and it will shop up that way in your gauges and in menu selections.

So if I understand this thread right, having a 97 USA 3000gt, that comes stock with the obd2 port, even if I'm running a stock ecu for the time being, with a mostly stock car (no new gauges or sensors yet) this device will still add some new functionality for data logging?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2017, 12:37 PM   #90 (permalink)
Verified Seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
So if I understand this thread right, having a 97 USA 3000gt, that comes stock with the obd2 port, even if I'm running a stock ecu for the time being, with a mostly stock car (no new gauges or sensors yet) this device will still add some new functionality for data logging?
Yes that is correct, such as knock, airflow (in hz). If you have extra items attached (ie. boost sensor, oil pressure sensor, fuel pressure sensor, flex fuel sensor) those can be datalogged. Also you can datalog anything you attach to the "sensor 1,2,3 inputs", provided that they are 0-5v signals.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Automotive Discussions > General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Free email addresses do not work(yahoo, hotmail, gmail,...)
We are currently being blocked by AOL so any AOL based address may not work(aol.com, aim.com, netscape.net, cs.com)
Email Address:
Real Name(First & Last)
(Required/Hidden)
Mailing Address(Street)
(Required/Hidden)
City
(Required/Hidden)
State
(Required/Hidden)
Zip
(Required/Hidden)
Country