Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

mystery plugs/connectors...where do they go?

945 views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  kdude22 
#1 ·
hey guys. while of course finishing up working on my stealth today i noticed a connector not plugged in anywhere and another spot where nothing was connected to it. i gave a look in the area and couldnt find any other plugs that matched them.

i attached pictures. thanks guys.

1st pic - notice top center above ECS cap that there is a an empty connector nothing plugged into it

2nd pic - close up of said connector

3rd pic - connector hanging down that i found tucked under battery tray. and no it doesnt go into the other, l tried :p

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Either the ABS sensor - cable from hub to wiring loom, or
Something like washer bottle low fluid

Do you have ABS wiring on your RHS front connected?

#5 ·
Black one in 3rd pic im pretty sure is front washer pump

#6 ·
lol pardon my lack of knowledge but im in the usa . im assuming RHS means right hand steering??? if not i apologize im still kinda learning acronyms.

only a couple times i have had my ABS light come on while driving but it hasnt done it in a looooong time....id say at least since the beginning of the year.

dont really care if the reservoir tank sensor isnt working honestly. just trying to figure if this is a big deal or not. never had any problems with the car since ive had it

#7 ·
the reservoir is full btw i noticed it while i was in the engine today

#8 ·
You didn't show the bottle in the pics, but now that I look at it, I can see the mounting studs in the battery tray...

The connector you found under the battery tray goes to the washer pump. There is a harness coming off the fluid level sensor on the bottom of the bottle that snakes over to the fenderwell and plugs into the other connector.

You'll need to pull the battery tray and bottle to get to either one...

#10 ·
i gotcha. thanks for responses.

come to think of it i dont think i cant remember if i have ever actually used my washer fluid jets to clean my windshield since i clean it so often by hand. ill try it tomorrow when its daytime and also check those connectors again.

ill also do what you recommended aus3gt and check it its the ABS connector.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.