How to remove windshield squirters from hood? - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center
3000GT/Stealth International 3000GT/Stealth International

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Automotive Discussions > General

3SI.org is the premier Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2009, 09:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Slowed by traffic

Drives: 95 VR-4 Spyder
enigma9o7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Default How to remove windshield squirters from hood?

Probably pretty easy to figure out... but how do you remove them?

I left my stock hood at my dad's house (8 hours away) and want to ask him to remove the squirters so I can put them in my new hood... but wanna tell him exactly how so it's not a hassle for him.

If I recall correctly, the hose from the engine bay went up inside the hood like in between two layers or something...
1995 Black VR-4 Spyder - Daily Driver, purchased March 2005. PST Carbon Fiber Driveshaft, Southbend TZ Clutch, UR Flywheel, K&N FIPK, DNP Y-Pipe, Stillen Downpipe, Custom Single Shot Exhaust, Tein S-Tech front/H-Tech rear, Carbotech Slotted Rotors, Ohio Spyderman short shifter, Mobo leather shift boot, manual leather seats from an SL.
1993 Panama Green Pearl Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 - Daily Driver July 2002 - April 2006 & May 2007. Totaled by drunk driver who hit it while parked on a 25mph street May 20 2007 10:30pm.
STOP/GO: Southbend DXD 6-puck, K&N FIPK, ProBoost MBC, M-Spec Vacuum Reduction Kit, Stillen Downpipe. Powerslot Front Rotors w/Hawk HPS Pads.
SUSPENSION/DRIVETRAIN: Intrax Springs, Bilstien Rear Shocks, KYB GR2 Front Struts, 5Zigen FN01RC 18x8.5 +30 & 18x9.5 +35 Wheels with Nitto Extreme Performance 245/40/18 & 285/35/18 Tires (summer), 245/45/17 Bridgestone Blizzak WS50 on Spyder Chromies (winter), PST CFDS, UR Aluminum Flywheel.
LOOKS: 5% Tint, Snakeeyes, Niteshades, Mobo Leathers Lower Door Inserts, 3KGT Concepts Aluminum Defroster Vents, Speedhut EL-Glo Gauge Faces
AUDIO/VISUAL: JBL GTO220s, Pioneer TS-A1646 2-ways & Stock 6x9s all powered by Phoenix Gold Octane-R 5.1 Dolby Digital Amp, Infinity 1032W 10" Fiberglass Mounted Subs powered by Rockford Fosgate 501bd Amplifer, 7" Motorized LCD DVD/TV/FM/MP3 Deck, SWIX Steering Wheel Control Interface
COUNTERMEASURES: Blinder M10 Twin Laser Jammer, Scorpion Ultimate KA Radar Jammer, Radio Shack PRO-2067 Mobile Scanner Radio
SECURITY/CONVENIENCE: Compustar 2-Way Spread Spectrum Alarm/Autostart/Turbo Timer/Keyless Entry.
RHD, AWD/AWS, Aero, Auto, NA
enigma9o7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2009, 10:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
resident evil

wraith Level 2wraith Level 2wraith Level 2wraith Level 2wraith Level 2wraith Level 2
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Default Re: How to remove windshield squirters from hood?

Remove the hood insulation and just pop the hose off the nipple and push the little spray nozzle up. Its just held on by tension.
wraith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2009, 10:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: 93 3000GT VR4
Swisstec is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

From what i remember there are two plastic parts on the squirter that stick out on each side, that you need to pinch to get them out, really easy, but depending on the age of the car...may be brittle
Swisstec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2009, 10:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member

looks like this i believe

Old 08-28-2009, 10:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Slowed by traffic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraith View Post
Remove the hood insulation and just pop the hose off the nipple and push the little spray nozzle up. Its just held on by tension.
Thanks for quickly reply. I already removed the insulation and took that with me, figured someone might wanna buy it for a few bucks since it's in decent shape. But I still seem to recall the bottom of the squirters wasn't visible from under the hood... am I remembering wrong? It doesnt go between layers of the hood or something? 2nd gen if that's a difference...

Anyways knowing it doesnt require tools is a big help, if you or nobody replies, that's enough info to tell him.

He could probably pry them from the top with a screwdriver or something (since the hood is basically trash anyway) if he had to, right? Or do you have to squeeze something together from the bottom or something for them to come out? Do they come out from the bottom or top?
Old 08-28-2009, 10:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Forum Member

yea you definitely don't want to pry, they will break, honestly they are really easy to remove and you might as well clean em really good while they are off as well
Old 08-28-2009, 10:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
"Sore about slapdown"

Drives: VFR800
jackhammer Level 2jackhammer Level 2jackhammer Level 2jackhammer Level 2jackhammer Level 2
Feedback Score: 88 reviews

What you need is a snapon washer nozzle pincher, part number #spankme its $1,000,000 but completely worth it!!

Once i had that special tool, i had my nozzles out in like 20 minutes!!

Cant beat that with a sock on your hand!!
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2009, 11:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
Slowed by traffic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
What you need is a snapon washer nozzle pincher, part number #spankme its $1,000,000 but completely worth it!!

Once i had that special tool, i had my nozzles out in like 20 minutes!!

Cant beat that with a sock on your hand!!
rofl!!! Like I said, I'm sure it's easy to figure out. Just wanted to make it easy for my dad. I'm calling him now tho (9pm, free minutes!) with the info everyones given me. I think I'll save the mill
Old 08-29-2009, 02:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
resident evil

wraith Level 2wraith Level 2wraith Level 2wraith Level 2wraith Level 2wraith Level 2
Feedback Score: 20 reviews

Its not hidden between layers of the hood if thats what your wondering. If the insulation is off, its a 2 second job. I just replaced mine a few weeks ago because they kept getting clogged from waxing the hood and I lodged a needle in there try to clean mine out. The new ones come with a little piece of hose attached and there is a right and left nozzle
wraith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2009, 02:17 PM   #10 (permalink)
the 3S whisperer

Drives: 95 mitz 3kgt vr4
gltasn is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews

if the insulation is nasty just leave it off. i ran td05's without it and no paint issues.
Advertisement

3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Automotive Discussions > General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Free email addresses do not work(yahoo, hotmail, gmail,...)
We are currently being blocked by AOL so any AOL based address may not work(aol.com, aim.com, netscape.net, cs.com)
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.