How much is my original '91 Stealth worth? - Page 3 - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center
3000GT/Stealth International 3000GT/Stealth International

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Automotive Discussions > General

3SI.org is the premier Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2013, 08:17 AM   #21 (permalink)
Lovbyts

Drives: 91 Stealth RT TT
Paul H. is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Default Re: How much is my original '91 Stealth worth?

I have owned mine since 1995. The more kids that total them the more mine is worth eventually.

Intake: WisCo 8.5-1 pistons with enlarged valve clearance, DR-13G turbos, RPS Stage 3 clutch,FIDENZA LIGHTENED FLYWHEEL, Chrome Y-Pipe, K&N Filter Charger, HKS SSBOV, TurboXs boost controller, Krankvents
Ignition: MSD 8.5mm spark plug wires, NGK Iridium BKR7EIX-11 (1 heat ranges cooler than stock) gapped at .032
Electronics: Palm with Pocketlogger software S-AFC
Fuel: PTE 550cc injectors, Denso/Supra 310lph fuel pump, Fuel pump Hotwire kit, relay bypass, Summit Fuel Pressure Regulator, Filter, EK2MFG braided dual feed fuel line kit
Exhaust: EK2MFG EGR Blockoff Plates, DN downpipe, Main cat eliminator flex section, Gutted Pre Cats, Custom Cat back, mufflers and tips
Other: Front & Rear Strut bars, Stillen Cross Drilled Rotors, Custom built, Rear adjustable Camber arms, Pillar mounted Boost gauge, EK2MFG Bling Bling.

Dyno 400 HP ATW
Paul H. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2013, 08:58 AM   #22 (permalink)
New User - Please be kind

Drives: 1991 Stealth TT
Kevin1991 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I recently saw a low mileage original Stealth get bid up to $13,100 on ebay so it looks like the market value is around $13,000. There were only 9651 total Stealth turbo models produced from 1991-1996 and over the years most have been modified raced or wrecked. It's becoming more and more difficult to find an original car. I don't think it will ever achieve true collector status but it would be nice to see the car start going up in value.
Kevin1991 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 11:08 AM   #23 (permalink)
I've been here way too long

Drives: 91 tsi
donniekak Level 1donniekak Level 1donniekak Level 1
Feedback Score: 13 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddrs93 View Post
That's ridiculous if they really put that as the value. Yea it's all about the market and demand and right now I would expect to get $6000 to $7000 out of what you have.

There were a ton of these produced. I seriously doubt they will achieve true valuable classic status in our lifetime. There are plenty of cars out there that are very old and still worthless. In reality I'm sure many will disagree but it's not a popular car in the grand scheme of the automotive world so I do not think they will ever get to a collector status.
I don't know what you consider a ton, but fewer than 10,000 stealth tt's were produced through all model years.
In comparison, there were 101,000 67-69 ss camaros produced.
donniekak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 12:53 PM   #24 (permalink)
New User - Please be kind

Drives: 1991 Stealth TT
Kevin1991 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

There were also 559,000 Mustangs produced in just the year 1965 and they are still very collectable. Maybe in another 10 years the Stealth will start to get some collector attention.
Kevin1991 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 06:05 PM   #25 (permalink)
3/S Tech

Drives: Slickwheel's Mistake
toddrs93 Level 1toddrs93 Level 1
Feedback Score: 23 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by donniekak View Post
I don't know what you consider a ton, but fewer than 10,000 stealth tt's were produced through all model years.
In comparison, there were 101,000 67-69 ss camaros produced.
Well it's just my opinion. I really don't think the numbers make it more collectible anyway I guess. Camaro's, mustangs, etc. had and have a huge following. I think it's like comparing an Xbox to a sega Saturn or something. I just don't think these were immensely popular so how would they suddenly become popular years after they are gone. Believe me I hope they do. I mean I have basically made a living off them and if they get collectible and popular I will continue to make money. Time will tell.

www.autovelocity.net
AFFORDABLE ECU REBUILDS
QUALITY TRANS REBUILDS DONE CHEAP
N/A Rear Mount Turbo Kits
Auto Velocity
301-991-6501
toddrs93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Automotive Discussions > General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Free email addresses do not work(yahoo, hotmail, gmail,...)
We are currently being blocked by AOL so any AOL based address may not work(aol.com, aim.com, netscape.net, cs.com)
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.