Does everyone get used to power??? - Page 3 - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center
3000GT/Stealth International 3000GT/Stealth International

» Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Automotive Discussions > General

3SI.org is the premier Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2013, 09:37 PM   #21 (permalink)
One fix at a time

Drives: 95 RT/TT
TurboSinceBirth Level 2TurboSinceBirth Level 2TurboSinceBirth Level 2TurboSinceBirth Level 2
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Default Re: Does everyone get used to power???

0-60 hardly ever gets boring. 1st and 2nd goes by within low 3 secs without launching. It hardly gets old. I never do too much in 3rd or 4th. You wonder what's taking so long but look at the speedometer and see you're already going really fast. I didn't build a highway car though.
95 RT/TT Billet TD04s on E70, DW1000cc injectors, ARC-2 with 92mm maf, 3SX fuel rail loop, hotwired Walbro 416, 3" FMIC, single Krank vent, Hallman Pro MBC, BlackStealth LCD BC, AEM wideband, AEM oil pressure, Apexi S1 coilovers with SCE EVO 8/9 adapters, 3SX adjustable control arms, Maximal solids/3SX poly motor mounts, Setrab custom SMOC, stock upper and lower end motor 127k miles.
TurboSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2013, 10:11 PM   #22 (permalink)
Always Learning

Drives: 2013 WRX Prem 4D WRB
mikeyVR4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews

I am proud to say that I am happy with 9b's, SAFCII, MAFT, etc. Yeah I know its not much but I'd rather have a reliable/cheap on-the-mods budget than buying a DR750 kit and having it sit in a box like most of the people who buy them.

I am happy my mind doesn't keep wanting more and more HP.
mikeyVR4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2013, 10:20 PM   #23 (permalink)
Cams: Where less is more

Drives: slowly
2FAST4U is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Ripping 1-2 and a clean 2-3 will always put a smile on my face no matter what im driving
2FAST4U is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2013, 10:23 PM   #24 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: 99 vette
92Stealth is an unknown quantity at this point

i was fine until i rode in something with power then it was all downhill from there....

my new setup going in the car this winter with my current blower maxed out i will put down near 800rwhp, if i get bored ill throw a shot on top. when i upgrade my blower im going for 1000+.

my old setup put down 575, it was fun but once you get beat or drive in something faster your screwed.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:25 PM   #25 (permalink)
Super Duper Mod

Drives: deals
lawdogg Level 3lawdogg Level 3lawdogg Level 3lawdogg Level 3lawdogg Level 3lawdogg Level 3lawdogg Level 3
Feedback Score: 100 reviews

My Miata at 100whp or less is never boring so long as the course is turny enough.

I suppose what I mean is, varying the duration and context of your horsepower is sufficient to maintain the excitement you may otherwise associate with a straight line pull ... or something like that.
Originally Posted by ray pampena View Post
Cant we all just smile and get along?
No!
lawdogg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2013, 11:43 PM   #26 (permalink)
Forum Member

Izabella95 is an unknown quantity at this point

Did any of you ever drag race at a 1/4 mi race track? That is the ultimate challenge. 1/8 mi tracks are even better. All this talk about horsepower means do you use it?
Izabella95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2013, 12:13 AM   #27 (permalink)
Forum Member

Izabella95 is an unknown quantity at this point

My question was did any of you huge HPs try to ever drag race another? at the Tree? Point blank?
Izabella95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2013, 10:40 AM   #28 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: 99 vette
92Stealth is an unknown quantity at this point

sure did. when you get 500+ if you go to a track you NEED a cage. your going to run under a 11.49 if your a good driver problem is not everyone likes the looks of a cage. however with my new setup ill be putting in a cage down the road. it just want to get the car back on the road and everything 100% before i have a cage installed.
its going to be a 9sec car, wouldn't take long to get kicked out.

i went to the track for my first time everr this year. first time out went 11.7 at 124mph with a 2.0 60ft
went again a few weeks later and ran a 11.4 at 125mph with a 1.9 60ft
car was making 575rwp and 486wtq

this is another fuel to the fire where i want higher trap speeds. my buddy was there coaching me thru it, he was running his ctsv. ran a 10.26 at 134.xx mph... that right there made me want more!

Last edited by 92Stealth; 01-14-2013 at 10:45 AM.
92Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2013, 11:26 AM   #29 (permalink)
Retired

Drives: The Bringer of Hell™
HellBringer Level 1HellBringer Level 1HellBringer Level 1
Feedback Score: 15 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92Stealth View Post
sure did. when you get 500+ if you go to a track you NEED a cage. your going to run under a 11.49 if your a good driver problem is not everyone likes the looks of a cage.

The cage and other safety requirements entirely depends on your track. I ran dozens of mid 10’s at 136–140MPH at all 4 of the tracks in my area with nothing but a helmet. The first time I took my old Supra to the track with the single setup I ran 10’s all day long without even a helmet. I had one with me, but they never said anything so I didn’t even put it on that day. Further, I would NEVER cage a street car, unless you enjoy driving around on the street with a helmet and a harness at all times. Metal bars that your bare head and body can bang into in the event of a collision is not conducive to “safety”. If you have cage, then you need to wear a helmet at all times, IMO.

1993.5 Supra TT Wingless Hardtop 6sp -- 74mm, S1 cams -- 10.4 @ 138MPH [Previously 468WHP & 11.3 @ 125MPH stock twins]
1994 RX-7 -- Streetport, 71GTS Haltech, etc.. #'s TBD
1999 3000GT VR-4 -- 12.5 @ 108MPH 100% stock w/ Chromed ECU tune
2003 350Z Touring 6sp -- Daily Beater -- 13.9 @ 102MPH stock
2003 Denali XL -- Grocery Getter & Tow Rig -- Runs 13's! (mpg)
Formerly:
1994 Supra 6sp - 72mm, VPC, stock longblock -- 722WHP & 10.36 @ 139.5MPH
1993 Stealth RT/TT; 2003 Corvette Z06; 1997 3000GT VR-4; 2002 Corvette Z06;
1999 3000GT; 1992 Stealth RT/TT; 1993.5 Supra TT; 1993 3000GT; 1992 3000GT VR-4;
1998 Trans AM WS6; 1992 Talon TSi; 1993 3000GT VR-4; and many others..
HellBringer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2013, 01:00 PM   #30 (permalink)
Forum Member

AdamVR4 Level 2AdamVR4 Level 2AdamVR4 Level 2AdamVR4 Level 2AdamVR4 Level 2AdamVR4 Level 2
Feedback Score: 27 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGtwinturbo View Post
For example, this mazda 3, or something pulled up next to me on the highway today, and I wasn't going to race cause I didn't want to waste the gas, but then I didn't want him thinking I was a pussy, give the vr4 a bad rep, ya know? So I dropped it down in to 4th from 6th, mind you this is a 16g car so it was kinda dumb to drop into 4th, but anyway, it started building and building boost, and it felt like it took foooreverrrr to get going. Really, I was like looking down at my wristwatch at the same time, and making a phone call too, like WTF man? And basically it never really got to that scary fast feeling where it felt like the car was pulling me, instead I was just waiting around, like wtf? But i look in the rear view mirror and dude was wayy the fuck back there, and I was like oh I guess it is kinda fast, and I looked at the speedo and it was like 140. So ya, I guess it's fast, but in retro spec, it's not.
Dude... You should go into 4th at like 120+ mph if you want it to pull. I've made plenty of pulls from the very bottom of 4th in my E16G car and know what you're talking about. The power comes on very gradually... Because you're in the wrong gear.

Yes, you will always get used to the power. As the power gets higher and you drive the car less frequently, it will take longer though This is why I'm telling myself I will make ~700 whp on the next build, but I'm having an engine built that can tolerate ~1000 whp.
Advertisement

3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Automotive Discussions > General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Free email addresses do not work(yahoo, hotmail, gmail,...)
We are currently being blocked by AOL so any AOL based address may not work(aol.com, aim.com, netscape.net, cs.com)
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.