CzerniS17 Intro/Build Thread - Page 3 - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center
3000GT/Stealth International 3000GT/Stealth International

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Automotive Discussions > General

3SI.org is the premier Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2013, 03:56 PM   #21 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: '92 VR4
CzerniS17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Re: CzerniS17 Intro/Build Thread

Yes, they wrapped it since they prototyped it. From reading on their website it doesn't seem like it's very hard to wrap one.

The color is also a tiny bit lighter than the airbag. It's their charcoal colored leather, the next option was black but obviously that would have looked way off. The color difference is a little exaggerated with the camera flash. It's still alot better than what was on there before, which was way off. It was almost completely black before I did this.
CzerniS17 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2013, 06:39 PM   #22 (permalink)
Forum Member

Ok! So time for a bit of an update... I've had some more time to work on this thing so here's where I'm at now:

I finished getting 90% of the interior back together. I ordered all of the little things I needed from 3SX to button up almost everything. I also ordered some Stri gauges from Terry at Maximal to throw in the stock location. Once I get those in and installed I'll get some updated pics of the interior.

Then, contemplating what was next, I was going to start on the suspension. However, since the subframes will be getting pulled to be sandblasted and powdercoated, I wanted to at least get the engine bay painted before I started that - just in case there was overspray.

So on Tuesday I started with this:

And by Thursday I ended up with this:

So now I'm bringing the trailer here tomorrow afternoon to bring the car over to my buddy's shop to have the engine bay painted. And here is the color:

Ferrari Rosso Fiorano Red! I reall like how it looks different shades of red in different lighting situations. I figured I might as well have some fun with it! What do you guys think?
Old 06-08-2013, 07:11 PM   #23 (permalink)
Pay it forward

Drives: With Both Hands
Adam7 Level 1Adam7 Level 1
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Looks great! Are you using the black leather seats in your pic? You mentioned new leather seats. Also what is the "bar" in front of your seats?
1998 3000GT SL: TT Conversion w/Chrome V2 ECU @13psi. IPS downpipe, Racepipe, Borla catback, Catless, polished Ypipe, Injen filter, Kurama intercooler hose's, 3sx fuel loop, Stm filter to rail, Hotwired fuel pump, Greddy+Mishimotto catch cans, Hallman pro MBC, Msd 8.5wires, FMOC, EVO9 BOV, 18x9 Saleens w/Nitto's, Powerslot rotors, Hawk pads, 5k Hid's,Marqui window tint, Tenzo racing seats, Weight reduction(289lbs),Gasket matched TB/upper/lower plenum,Polished exhaust manifold, Hdr front lip,UP rear strut bar,JDM Tails,Autometer sport comp gauges(center vent & pod) AEM WBO2
Adam7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2013, 07:24 PM   #24 (permalink)
Flasher

Drives: VR4 | SL | R/T
TwIzTeD_3kGt Level 2TwIzTeD_3kGt Level 2TwIzTeD_3kGt Level 2TwIzTeD_3kGt Level 2
Feedback Score: 21 reviews

Nice build, looks like you're keeping it pretty simple and doing a good job at it. What are you going to be tuning with?

1997 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 - IPS 19T-L 93-Octane 20psi ~430awhp * PTE 550cc * Denso Supra Pump w/ STM Hot-wire Kit * SXP FPR@34psi * Coppers@.024 * Jester Dedd's PnP Flash ECU w/ Chrome V2 * Wiseco 8:1 +.035" * 3SX Rods * Spec 4+ * PMP FMIC w/ K&N FIPK * Montero MAF * Hallman Pro MBC * Greddy Type-S * Stillen DP w/ M2 CB * STM D2 Custom Coilovers * Maximal T-Case Brace & Solid F&R MM * AEM UEGO * Self-Tuned * 3-season DD * ~3,640lbs. Curb Weight
1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL - Maximal Single-Shot Exhaust - Wife's 3-Season DD
1994 Dodge Stealth R/T - Restoration Project
TwIzTeD_3kGt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2013, 08:18 PM   #25 (permalink)
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam7 View Post
Looks great! Are you using the black leather seats in your pic? You mentioned new leather seats. Also what is the "bar" in front of your seats?
They're actually charcoal seats, not black. What I'm actually planning on doing when I get new leather, is going two-tone on the seats. Probably charcoal with a light beige insert. The bar that you saw is actually a mid-chassis brace. The previous owner had it when I bought the car, but I honestly just threw it away. If I get really serious into some HPDE track days with this thing I'll just end up throwing an Autopower roll-bar in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwIzTeD_3kGt View Post
Nice build, looks like you're keeping it pretty simple and doing a good job at it. What are you going to be tuning with?
Thanks! I'm planning on going with an AEM EMS, and probably taking it to Ray to have him tune it. I'm probably going to keep it in the 450 - 500 awhp range just so that I can learn the car and really get comfortable driving it before I go too ridiculous with the power.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Automotive Discussions > General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Free email addresses do not work(yahoo, hotmail, gmail,...)
We are currently being blocked by AOL so any AOL based address may not work(aol.com, aim.com, netscape.net, cs.com)
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.