car dies when clutch depressed comming to stop? - Page 6 - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center
3000GT/Stealth International 3000GT/Stealth International

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Automotive Discussions > General

3SI.org is the premier Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2010, 02:34 PM   #51 (permalink)
One fix at a time

Drives: 95 RT/TT
TurboSinceBirth Level 2TurboSinceBirth Level 2TurboSinceBirth Level 2TurboSinceBirth Level 2
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Default Re: car dies when clutch depressed comming to stop?

I hope you find the solution. I'm out of ideas since it doesn't make sense after what you've tried so far hasn't worked. I doubt it's the RPS flywheel because I had that on my car and it never gave me problems. I have a chromoly flywheel on there now and I'll see how I like it once everything is put back together. The wait for parts almost never ends.
95 RT/TT Billet TD04s on E70, DW1000cc injectors, ARC-2 with 92mm maf, 3SX fuel rail loop, hotwired Walbro 416, 3" FMIC, single Krank vent, Hallman Pro MBC, BlackStealth LCD BC, AEM wideband, AEM oil pressure, Apexi S1 coilovers with SCE EVO 8/9 adapters, 3SX adjustable control arms, Maximal solids/3SX poly motor mounts, Setrab custom SMOC, stock upper and lower end motor 127k miles.
TurboSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2010, 06:36 PM   #52 (permalink)
the 3S whisperer

Drives: 95 mitz 3kgt vr4
gltasn is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews

got most of the stall tuned out. i do occasionaly stall when dealing with 1st gear and believe i need a new bov. thru more manipulation of the biss and dashpot i have a 950 idle with dashpot kicking in at 2200(per manual). ill try higher rpms someday but this is fun again and a lot less embarassing! ill re-tune with a new bov when i decide what to get. im confident i can make her perfect after the break-in. 300 down, 200 to go.

i finally even showed off to the dealer today when picking up another dozen plenum gaskets. ive got that proud feeling again!
Old 05-10-2010, 04:04 PM   #53 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: Dodge Stealth TT
JackBadBoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

This is funny, my car is opposite. When I drive like 2000rpm, and than press clutch my rpm goes to 2500 and stajs for 5-7 seconds, and that drop to 700 and go back to 1000rpm.

Have also rps fw, and new ISC. But I am not sure if I put corectly TPS. What do you guys think about that.
Triumph Spitfire mk4 1500, 1978
Audi A4 1.8T, 1999
Chrysler Voyager 3.8 AWD, 2000

JackBadBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2011, 04:50 PM   #54 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: 91 stealth r/t
BigEasy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

sorry, i know the thread is old, but did anyone figure this out? I have the same problem.
BigEasy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2011, 05:44 PM   #55 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: 93 Stealth/96 3000GT
ken9396 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Also, make sure your throttle cable isn't too loose as well.
ken9396 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2011, 12:10 AM   #56 (permalink)
cenatix

cenatix is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 36 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEasy View Post
sorry, i know the thread is old, but did anyone figure this out? I have the same problem.
Have you tried adjusting the dashpot? The purpose of it is to slow down the throttle body when you push in the clutch/shift so the throttle plate doesn't "slam" shut causing the engine to stumble/die.

My adjustment screws backed out on me twice which is like having no dashpot. It would die on me every time I would throw it in Neutral while coasting or coming to a stop with the clutch pressed in. Threw some teflon tape on the threads and it hasn't backed out since.

Also check to make sure your dashpot is functioning properly. A damaged diaphram will cause the rod to have no resistance which will make the rod "stick" or return back to its original position very slowly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2Gdashpot.jpg (90.8 KB, 44 views)
cenatix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2011, 08:37 AM   #57 (permalink)
the 3S whisperer

Drives: 95 mitz 3kgt vr4
gltasn is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews

i was able to cure the stall by adjusting the dashpot, and idle. might have been a minor boost leak in there that i did too but keep going and you'll get it. dont mess with the sas or it will be even hard to tune.

to be honest i even bought a new tb from mitz with all the sensors tuned and it still did it so adjustments werre made(idle/dashpot, do not touch the sas or tps) and now it happens about once per day. i can live with that but all the heel toe driving was starting to suck. j
gltasn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2011, 12:46 AM   #58 (permalink)
11 Second Club

Drives: 92 VR-4
lllpulselll is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBadBoy View Post
This is funny, my car is opposite. When I drive like 2000rpm, and than press clutch my rpm goes to 2500 and stajs for 5-7 seconds, and that drop to 700 and go back to 1000rpm.

Have also rps fw, and new ISC. But I am not sure if I put corectly TPS. What do you guys think about that.
This issue happened to me, it would stay at like 2000RPM until id get down to like 10MPH or something, drove me nuts, it was the idle controller switching between functioning and not functioning
lllpulselll is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2011, 01:01 PM   #59 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: 95NA 10' Evo X GSR
mikes953kgt is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

+1 on IAC. Does the car raise in RPMs at idle? Like go up and then down randomly. Kinda like the car is taking deep breaths?
Old 11-16-2011, 11:37 AM   #60 (permalink)
11 Second Club

Drives: 92 VR-4
lllpulselll is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikes953kgt View Post
+1 on IAC. Does the car raise in RPMs at idle? Like go up and then down randomly. Kinda like the car is taking deep breaths?
haha now that's a whole nother can of worms right there...you could have too high of fuel pressure or a bad tune and get that, with my ARC2 in my car does that because my AFPR - which i didn't know at the time is made for ridiculously upgraded track cars and the fuel pressure doesn't even go below 50psi
lllpulselll is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Automotive Discussions > General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Free email addresses do not work(yahoo, hotmail, gmail,...)
We are currently being blocked by AOL so any AOL based address may not work(aol.com, aim.com, netscape.net, cs.com)
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.