Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Can you put an NA center cluster in a TT?

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  DigiiManDan3KGT 
#1 ·
And have the voltmeter work? Would it be difficult to rewire a 12v(?)input to the back of the gauge since the stock harness would have the "boost signal" from the ECU normally? TT conversion guys are lucky in this respect I guess if this is the desired result.

#2 ·
One thing I have always been happy about is not having a stock POS boost gauge staring at me. lol

I'm sure it could be done Evan (shooter83) is the guy that knows about this stuff.

#3 ·
why not? Couldn't you just wire that gauge to a 12v source and not hook up the boost gauge connectors. If your ripping the dash apart though to replace them why not just go aftermarket on them? Do it once and never worry about it again.

#6 ·
Just talked to Shooter83. He says it's plug & play. N/A center cluster goes right into a TT, because the +12v IGN2 positive feed used to power the OIL and TEMP gauges is the same feed that the volt meter uses. He also figured out a way to stop the voltage drop when he uses his blinkers @ 0:45 seconds, he used a relay or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTv8zf4EhjE&list=UUShdzEPM7_X_f3Ib_DD7FPA&index=3

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.