Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Blower motor not working, need advice

24K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  3000gtBase 
#1 ·
Blower does not work at all,not on high or any setting. Got a new blower motor, and of course being a dumb ass and not actually diagnoising the issue that wasnt the problem. Finally busted out the mulitmeter, 0.00 volts to the connector to the blower, regardless of the setting(changed it multiple times with no change in voltage) I can hear the computer control thats next to the blower clicking, but im sure its a relay or fuse, im just not sure where these specific ones are. Any tips to head in the right direction as to which fuses or relays to look for is much appreciated.
-Matt

#7 ·
Thanks again 3000GTproject. And thanks Ryan, hopefully I figure this out. Hate to sound like a noob, but on 24-19, under replacing the blower motor relay, it says to locate it in the junction box, what the hell is that? Also does anyone know where the blower motor HI relay is located on the assembly?

#10 ·
Well its a fuse issuse so thats a start. I'd start tracing for shorts.

Theres a chance something not even related to the blower motor is on that circuit and causing the fuse to blow.

For instance, I had a fuse blow that took out all my gauges and turn signals. I thought it was a wiring issue at the turns.

After much searching I found it was a shorted speed sensor that caused the fuse to blow.

I'd unplug the blower and replace the fuse and attempt to turn it on and see if the fuse blows. If it does then its not the blower motor wiring. If it doesn't then you have some more searching to do

It may take some hunting and researching but I'm sure you'll figure it out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.