Anyone had experience with DriverZ Edge vehicle service contract/warranty? - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center
3000GT/Stealth International 3000GT/Stealth International

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Automotive Discussions > General

3SI.org is the premier Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2009, 06:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
I've been here way too long

Drives: '94 VR-4
bluemax_1 Level 3bluemax_1 Level 3bluemax_1 Level 3bluemax_1 Level 3bluemax_1 Level 3bluemax_1 Level 3bluemax_1 Level 3
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Default Anyone had experience with DriverZ Edge vehicle service contract/warranty?

I just bought an 03 Denali with 71k miles on it. The dealer recommended this extended breakdown warranty/Vehicle Service Contract from a company called DriverZ Edge VSC Inc.

The VSC covers lubricated engine parts (any part lubricated by motor oil, i.e. crank bearings, pistons, rods etc. etc), lubricated tranny and transfer case parts and the water pump for 5 years or 100,000 additional miles. The conditions are that the vehicle must have an oil change done every 4000 miles or 120 days and this must be done at a licensed service station with printed receipts retained for proof (so even Jiffy Lube qualifies) and must have the scheduled maintenance performed.

The company supposedly will pay the shop directly if a failure occurs in any of these systems and there is no deductible. Repairs can be done at any ASE certified shop, so it doesn't require the vehicle to be taken to specific 'approved' shop. The warranty was supposed to cost $1290, but the dealer 'cut me a deal' for $1100.

Now usually I'm pretty damned skeptical about these so-called extended vehicle warranty plans, but there's a provision allowing me to cancel the contract within 60 days of purchase for a 100% refund so I figured I've got 60 days to find out if this thing is worth the cost and if not, I'll just cancel it.

I've tried looking on the web for any results and I see lots of companies/dealerships listing that they offer the warranty from this company but very, very few results of actual owners who've actually filed a warranty claim with the company.

I've found 2 complaints about the company, one was from RipOffReport.com where they mentioned that they had bought a warranty from DriverZ edge, had a tranny problem and their claim was denied. No real specifics or details other than that.

The other complaint claims that the company paid via check and that it took 3-4 weeks, so he had to cover it out of pocket first, but the policy I purchased supposedly states that the company pays the shop direct.

I also found one BMW forum thread where someone was inquiring about Extended Warranties in general and another person claiming to work for a BMW dealership/service center mentioned looking into DriverZ Edge as their dealership had the fewest problems with claims filed with that company.

The company has an A- rating from the BBB since 4/1/08 with 3 issues that were resolved. The company has been around longer than this though, as I've found references to the Driverz Edge vehicle service contracts from at least as far back as '05.

So has anyone else had personal experience with a warranty from this company specifically or known someone personally who's had to file a claim through them?

Max

BTW, for those wondering, 3/S's are among the vehicles ineligible for this warranty.
Advertisement

3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Automotive Discussions > General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Free email addresses do not work(yahoo, hotmail, gmail,...)
We are currently being blocked by AOL so any AOL based address may not work(aol.com, aim.com, netscape.net, cs.com)
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.