Any recent kills? - Page 41 - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center
3000GT/Stealth International 3000GT/Stealth International

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Automotive Discussions > General

3SI.org is the premier Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2012, 06:00 PM   #401 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: 96 3000gt VR-4
JerzyVR4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Default Re: Any recent kills?

Man what a launch!
JerzyVR4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 06:05 PM   #402 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: purple people eater
jayxdx33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Haha not bad for a stock clutch right! Lol can't wait to get my new one in.
'92 maroon VR4 #2 : 13G's, Comp Clutches 2100 series stage 2, GReddy emanage ultimate, GTPro Y-Pipe, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Borla catback, gutted pre-cats, HKS EVC IV, test pipe, RSR springs, Kinesis K27 Forged 3 piece wheels, Wilwood 6 Piston big brakes in front, 2g 2-piston brakes in rear, front 2 piece rotors, rear Porterfield cross drilled, HHH datalogger, autometer boost gauge, solid underhood and baseplate shifter bushings, 3SX ball bearing short throw shifter, HKS side mount intercoolers, HKS piping, 3SX fuel rail loop, cusco rear strut bar, BLOX 490g shift knob

'92 maroon VR4 #1 : sold

'99 SVT Cobra - short throw shifter, 6k hids,Tokico HP Struts, Cobra grille emblem

'93 red SL auto *sold*- n/a headers, 3sx test pipe, MP 2.5" single shot, Eibach springs, 6k hids
jayxdx33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 07:01 PM   #403 (permalink)
Forum Member

twofastoocatch is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

My best kill story? It was completely legal. I was at the second last street legal (1/4 mile) of the season, had a few runs in that night, and was starting to get used to launching my RHD, AWD, 3800lb beast of a GTO, when buddy comes cruising over from his 95 (ish) trans am. He then proceeds to tell me how my intercoolers are useless, because they will only heat up the air as it passes the exhaust manifold, and I will lose horsepower, and be slow. My reply, "Mitsubishi ran it this way for nearly 10 years. If it were a power robber, I'm sure they would have done something about it on the newer cars..." he continued on his import smack talking ways for a while, so I took the time to note his hood was closed. He was either new to the track, or just embarased about what he brought. Haha anywho, further down the line I get my helmet on, get in the staging lanes, and look who got staged with me? Mr. TA!
This will be awesome I thought to myself, bypassing the burnout box as he looks over in disbelief. Staged up to the tree, two yellow lights, 4000rpm, made the clutch cry a little bit on my miraculous .01 RT, and did NOT let off the gas untill the 1/4 was over. I saw nothing but headlights, and as I headed back into the staging lanes, he wouldn't come anywhere near me, or talk to me, or anything. Maybe my car isn't staggeringly fast, but if you're going to smack talk someones car, maybe you should have something that will run faster than a 15.8? Totally made my summer. Haha, and to boot, my ISC was pooched at the time. Idle was all over the place. Chevy boy 0, Real GTO +1 . Allll right!
twofastoocatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 08:45 PM   #404 (permalink)
Hollywood

Drives: '91 VR-4 Figi Blue
BILLVR4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Had some fun with dusting a 2011 STR8 w/ super charger I gave him a chance in the first round but he had no chance in the second round I cut off halfway through third coming up on a curve in the road, he was way behind me. Started from roll in 1st gear he was behind me, he jumped into the other lane with a head of steam and never passed me.
AAM Stage I fuel kit, AEM EMS V2, AEM gauges, Apex'i blow off valve, ATR Ehaust & Downpipe, Injector Dynamics 2000CC, DR1200 Turbo kit, Eibach springs, Vertini Regency19x8.5 wheels, Greedy front mount intercooler, HKS EVC IV boost controller, Mega flow intake & Twin power ignition,Kenne bell boost a pump, Magnacor wires, NGK plugs, NOS, Odyssey battery pc680, PST carbon driveshaft, Power slot rotors, Polished & ported heads, Ross forged pistions, BF Goodrich KDW II 255 35 19, Unorthordox cam gears, Walbro fuel pump, 3SX polished plenum, valve cover, spark plug cover, thermostat water distributor & Daul pass radiator 300m output shaft.

PAMPENA 6G72 3.5 STROKER MOTOR
BILLVR4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2012, 02:27 AM   #405 (permalink)
Forum Member

me vs my buddys cobra tonight. he busted out the prep and used his trans brake just for me cause of the awd haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSov3PZTOFE
Old 12-02-2012, 11:16 AM   #406 (permalink)
OFWGKTA

Drives: 2008 Lexus IS-F
FelipeFromColombia is an unknown quantity at this point

Beat my friend's IS-F in my dad's M3, which means nothing since his IS-F would smoke both my cars.... lol
Old 12-02-2012, 11:22 AM   #407 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: 87B2200
benson8277 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 40 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayxdx33 View Post
me vs my buddys cobra tonight. he busted out the prep and used his trans brake just for me cause of the awd haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSov3PZTOFE

Who won?
benson8277 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2012, 04:18 PM   #408 (permalink)
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benson8277 View Post
Who won?
me by about 2 cars
Old 12-02-2012, 07:29 PM   #409 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: 87B2200
benson8277 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 40 reviews

Nice kill.....
benson8277 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2012, 08:40 PM   #410 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: 96 3000gt VR-4
JerzyVR4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Raced a Porsche carrera 4s I don't know if its a 911 or whatnot. But first light line up I went, he didn't go. Second light I shifted at 2500 into second and he went so I gunned it with him and we were dead even. then I hit 3rd and got him by one car. He gave the thumbs up at the next light. All this was done 10 mins after getting a short throw shifter installed.
JerzyVR4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Automotive Discussions > General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Free email addresses do not work(yahoo, hotmail, gmail,...)
We are currently being blocked by AOL so any AOL based address may not work(aol.com, aim.com, netscape.net, cs.com)
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.