Any recent kills? - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center
3000GT/Stealth International 3000GT/Stealth International

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Automotive Discussions > General

3SI.org is the premier Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2012, 09:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Paid Member

Drives: 91' vr4
mcastro089 Negative 1
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Default Any recent kills?

I raced a g35 recently(last friday). The guy told me that it was "stock". he raced and beat a lexus IS300 and when the guy from the lexus came over to tell him "good race" I heard some of the g35 onwer's buddies talking about how it just got some goodies put in and a tune. After that, the guy that sets the races up asked me if i'm looking to run, I said "hell yeah, lets go." He asked me what I got so I told him. I'm pretty much stock too so that's what I told him also. then he asked the guy with the G35 if he'd run me. guy accepted

So we line up, my girl is freakin out cause she doesn't like to be in the car when raced, I'm like "dude, chill out, it'll be ok", we got the hand drop and I do a small launch from 3.5K and take off. didn't bother looking to see where the other car was until I was at the top of second....see the guy like 6 car lenths behind me and i'm still pulling on him. I let off around 115. went back to the meet and got congradulated. guy in the G35 went back to say bye to some people I guess cause after that he left.

I'm difinitely not the fastest guy out there but I was feeling pretty about myself. Fun night
Mild mods: Adjustable cam gears, MBC, msd wires, fuel loop, matrix intake, egr delete, vac reduction, cruise control delete, AC delete, 3sx light weight stock sized crank pully, fuel pump hotwire, gutted pre cats, race pipe with tanabe concept blue G cat back exhaust, and tein S springs.
91' 3000GT VR4 SOLD l 04' Durango SLT 5.7 HEMI l 05' F-150 XLT
93' 3000gt SOLD l 99' Durango SLT PLUS 5.9 magnum SOLD
mcastro089 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2012, 10:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
One fix at a time

Drives: 95 RT/TT
TurboSinceBirth Level 2TurboSinceBirth Level 2TurboSinceBirth Level 2TurboSinceBirth Level 2TurboSinceBirth Level 2
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Default Re: Any recent kills?

There is a drag racing section for this lol.

The only contender I've had recently was a turbo miata. No idea how extensive the mods were or how much boost it was running but down low the little car didn't do too bad. Once I started reving out the gears he had no chance. I can see why they're good at auto-x because anything over 60 it seems no matter how big of a turbo they have the car just pulls slow.

I haven't had any other races since I didn't instigate any of them due to working out some bugs on my car still but I think my exhaust scares everyone off lol.
95 RT/TT Billet TD04s on E70, DW1000cc injectors, ARC-2 with 92mm maf, 3SX fuel rail loop, hotwired Walbro 416, 3" FMIC, single Krank vent, Hallman Pro MBC, BlackStealth LCD BC, AEM wideband, AEM oil pressure, Apexi S1 coilovers with SCE EVO 8/9 adapters, 3SX adjustable control arms, Maximal solids/3SX poly motor mounts, Setrab custom SMOC, stock upper and lower end motor 127k miles.
TurboSinceBirth is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2012, 10:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
I've been here way too long

Drives: 91 tsi
donniekak Level 1donniekak Level 1donniekak Level 1
Feedback Score: 13 reviews

Last thing I beat worth mentioning was a gsxr600. I haven't ran into anything fun since I moved to the slo-hio valley. I'm sure they're here, just not out to play.
donniekak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2012, 10:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Big Dreams, Empty Pockets

Drives: 94 Shadow 3.0 SOHC
MC#4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews

Any recent kills? Yeah I did a halfass launch from a stop sign and killed the t-case, blew it right off the car. 6psi on 9b's, true story.

5-speed Getrag partout here Click Me!
MC#4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2012, 10:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
Verified Seller

Drives: 95 RT TT, aka Sonya
Mopardevildog is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC#4 View Post
Any recent kills? Yeah I did a halfass launch from a stop sign and killed the t-case, blew it right off the car. 6psi on 9b's, true story.
That sucks, still not as bad having the t-case lock up while driving. (after having all diff fluids checked 2 months prior) but that was back in 2009

Back on topic, i guess i "killed" my buddys 03 silverado ss (i love that truck) did a little roll on the highway when we were taking my car up to P.M. to get an overveiw and tune over Mem. Day weekend, and got maybe a car length on him, we only went to 90mph not too crazy
Mopardevildog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2012, 02:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
Verified Seller

Drives: 96 Mx6 KLZE 93RT/TT
Acehomie Negative 1
Feedback Score: 8 reviews

I just got home actually from the O-town races and I just walked this 1st gen TSI. Dude was there last weekend and he's driving like a straight a-hole. Anyway get too a little strip and do a pull from about 35. I thought for sure he had something because he had no hood lol, but as soon as we punched it I immediately started walking him. I backed off because we came up on a light and dude drifted into my lane and cut me off. I guess I got his panties in a wad. Good night, good night..
Old 06-10-2012, 01:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
curt93T/T

Drives: 93 & 96 TT Stealth
Curt93T/T Level 1Curt93T/T Level 1
Feedback Score: 20 reviews

U call your GF "dude?"
93TT Stealth, mods include: Tial BOV, IPS polished FMIC, polished pre-turbo pipes & upper radiator pipe, dual AEM filters, full ATR setup, GReddy PRofec E-01 boost controller, MAP-ECU, EVO III's, Titan headers, 3SX modified thermostat housing, Maximal front and rear solid mounts, cryo'd stage 4 FE South Bend clutch with Fidanza aluminum flywheel, Defi Advance BF EGT gauge x2, AEM Wideband, white faced cluster gauges, Kenne Bell Boost-a-pump, denso fuel pump, Denso 720 injectors, Bob's short throw shifter, Jack's front custom crush bar replacement, 99 front end conversion with Cianci Viper hood and 1970 Boss Mustang hood pins, TEIN lowering springs, powerstop cross drilled.
96TT Stealth #53 of 57, mods include: DNP hardpipe kit, Borla exhaust.
Curt93T/T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2012, 05:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
Paid Member

mcastro089 Negative 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt93T/T View Post
U call your GF "dude?"
yyeeaaahhhh??? lol she's the one got me saying "dude"
Old 06-10-2012, 05:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
Paid Member

mcastro089 Negative 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboSinceBirth View Post
There is a drag racing section for this lol.
I guess lol thread can be moved if need be
Old 06-10-2012, 05:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
og

Drives: 93 stealth rt tt
chansigril Level 2chansigril Level 2chansigril Level 2chansigril Level 2chansigril Level 2
Feedback Score: 54 reviews

only thing recent was a new mustang gt 5.0.

from a first gear roll.

with the wife in the car.

on the way to a wine and jazz festival.

he started it.

94 dodge stealth r/t na, used to drive: 13.9@100
60 shot of n2o, 360cc injectors, safc + tt fuel pump, intake + exhaust, lightweight flywheel + crank pulley, 93 pump

93 dodge stealth r/t tt: personal parts car
05 subaru legacy 2.5i: beater
chansigril is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Automotive Discussions > General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Free email addresses do not work(yahoo, hotmail, gmail,...)
We are currently being blocked by AOL so any AOL based address may not work(aol.com, aim.com, netscape.net, cs.com)
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.