3000GT vs 300ZX Street Race Fatality - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center
3000GT/Stealth International 3000GT/Stealth International

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Automotive Discussions > General

3SI.org is the premier Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2008, 12:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
3000GT Owner since Mar 05

Drives: 95 Mitsubishi 3000GT
dstehle is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Unhappy 3000GT vs 300ZX Street Race Fatality

This may have been posted on the forums before, but just in case it hasn't, I thought some of you may be interested in this...

The full story is below, told from the actual witness first on the scene.

The Morning of May 19th 2000, started off like any other. I'd started my early morning commute to work. Half way there two speeding sports cars passed me at a very high rate of speed, I'd set my cruise 5 miles over the limit and these cars still passed me as if I were staying still all while weaving around me and each other. I'd thought to myself they were going to get themselves killed.

A few more miles down the road they were already out of my mind when I came upon one of the cars a Nissan 300zx in an awkward position in the middle of the road, it was then that I realzed I had missed the other car which was on its roof in a ditch. I immediately called 911 then got out to see if there was anything I could do. Everyone in the Nissan was ok, just very histerical. I then ran to one of the one of the victims of the other car who had been ejected, I could not find a pulse and he was not breathing I attempted CPR but to avail the boy was dead, I'd later learned he had broke his neck.

In the rolled over car was his girlfriend who had been wearing her seat belt. She had a few minor injuries, lots of cuts and bruises but she was ok. It took nearly 10 minutes for police and an ambulance to arrive, it felt like hours. I later learned that all the passangers in both cars were or under 17yr olds. They were all friends, and after a night of fun the drivers of both cars decided to put there machines to the test and started to race each other home when the cars clipped each other causing the 3000GT to lose control roll over a number of times untill finally coming to a rest upside down in a ditch.

The decision to go home in this way turned out to be a deadly decision for one of the boys, and a memory that will be with the rest of them and mine for the rest of our lives. Before parents buy there kids these cars, they should be able to trust that they won't go out and do this sort of stuff, but of course if you buy your kid a sports car what else do you expect? Driving wrecklessly and fast is just stupid and often times has deadly consiquences. Before you go out and drive like that THINK! not only for your own lives but for everyone out there on the road. AND ALWAYS WEAR YOUR SEAT BELT!

Clay Kuwait
Submitted July 8,2001

Source: 3000GT Crash: Witness to Fatal Race: Nissan 300ZX v. 3000GT Car Accident Photos and pictures from Car-Accidents.com

Performance Upgrades
HP Racing/HP Design HPR5 hyper silver 18x9 wheels
Yokohama AVS ES100 245/40 tires
Intrax lowering springs (forever on backorder)
Ultimate Performance short shifter
cold air intake - K&N FIPK filter with DN Performance pipe
custom cat back exhaust with dual HKS Hi-Power mufflers
Random Technology High-Flow cat

Audio System (Dynamat fully lined)
Alpine CDA-9885 CD receiver with iPod & Bluetooth kits
Alpine CHA-S634 6 disc CD/MP3 changer
JL Audio VR 6x5 components (front speakers, tweeters & crossovers)
JL Audio VR 6x9 rear speakers
JL Audio W1v2 dual 10 subs with custom box
two TMA 320.4 amps

Interior & Exterior Mods
HID lights (55W 8000k low/high beams, 35K 6000k fogs)
35% black window tint, painted red calipers
Mitsubishi Evo VIII 5-speed shift knob, e-brake handle & pedals
Mobo leather shifter & e-brake boot combo
McGard SplineDrive black locking lugs & custom Mitsu center caps
dstehle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2008, 12:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
Banned from Classifieds

Drives: '94 VR-4
SOHC3000GT is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Default Re: 3000GT vs 300ZX Street Race Fatality

Seen that before, but that is always something the younger 3S owners need to be shown.
SOHC3000GT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2008, 12:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
Native

Drives: smokey/bandit
Turbo Tension Level 1Turbo Tension Level 1
Feedback Score: 8 reviews

Should have tuned his NOS timing. Looks like the floorpan held up though...this time.

SOLD!! 6-speed transmission conversion, 2g front brake conversion, AWS delete with SK VR4 radius rod mod [/b]Kormex front LSD, Port matched Upper Intake -> Ported and port matched lower intake -> DR stage ]l[ heads, DR650Rs, ARC2 w/ 87mm MAF $ ARM1, Denso 255 hotwired, 720cc inj. fed by a Home made dual feed system, DR Weldin DSM sidemounts, DNP Y-pipe, 3SX poly motormounts, Vac hose reduction,, Chipped stock ECU -9000rpm rev limiter, Blitz DSBC in stock tape deck, VDO boost gauge, GREDDY EGT gauge, ATR downpipe - Borla catback w/ custom 3" flanges (3" all the way through), RPS flywheel, RPS clutch, Tein S-tech springs, Saner front and rear sway bars, Cusco adj. rear sway bar, STEDEBANI front poly suspension bushings, 1995 VR4 front brake caliper conversion, Stillen Rotors,SCE extended wheel studs in NEW OEM hubs, Porterfield R4S pads, Pro N1s w/ S03 Potenzas, 17x9 FNCRO1NFC01RN 5Zigens
Turbo Tension is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2008, 01:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lord of Boost

Drives: Compound S400 S200
VR4Drive92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Have some respect.

Don't be a fucking ass...a kid died here. I don't give a shit how he died, but he died. Have some decency please.

- guy who's 3000GT VR4 was saved his life.

1992 3000GT VR4 -Fiji Blue - BPU - RIP

May the Boost be with us...
VR4Drive92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2008, 02:02 AM   #5 (permalink)
3/S Addict

Drives: '95 VR4
sh1znack is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: 3000GT vs 300ZX Street Race Fatality

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR4Drive92 View Post
Have some respect.

Don't be a fucking ass...a kid died here. I don't give a shit how he died, but he died. Have some decency please.

I agree. Not cool.

Yeah, I've seen these pics before. Life is fragile thing. People need to realize that they are not invincible. Even though we can claim these vehicles as our "toys," they really aren't. We must respect what they can do. Safe driving everyone!

'94 Base: Stock / '95 VR-4: Test-Pipe, Generic Intake, Custom Y-Pipe, Hallman MBC @ 14.5psi, HKS Quad-Tip Cat-Back Exhaust System, Greddy Type-RS BOV (open loop), Denso Fuel Pump, ProSport Boost Gauge, ProSport Air/Fuel gauge, PowerSlot slotted Rotors w/ Hawk pads,
sh1znack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2008, 02:07 AM   #6 (permalink)
SOHC you in the FACE

Ondontii Level 1Ondontii Level 1Ondontii Level 1

I really really really dont like the freeway duck and dodging kids going 30-50mph over the speed limit in traffic. I didnt know how bad it was until I almost had to bumper kiss one that cut in front of me.

Kids seeing how fast they can drive for extended periods of time in traffic. I dont know why we dont see more deaths. I cant even call it racing, just plain stupid.
1994 Spirit - 13.85@108.8 - SOHC - 10psi - Holset He341 & chrome rings.
1981 & 1983 Starlet KP61

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXF2c...saCIg4HZ3MmpVw
Ondontii is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2008, 02:22 AM   #7 (permalink)
Native

Drives: smokey/bandit
Turbo Tension Level 1Turbo Tension Level 1
Feedback Score: 8 reviews

Quote:
Have some respect.

Don't be a fucking ass...a kid died here
Yeah and everyone else on the road is fortunate it was just him that died. No I won't have any respect as I have stated in the numerous streetracing threads on here in the past.
Turbo Tension is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2008, 02:38 AM   #8 (permalink)
Lord of Boost

Drives: Compound S400 S200
VR4Drive92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

ah yes....

so I'm expected to believe that you have never done anything of questionable legality or safety on the road before? SURRRE.

I see your point...but making allusions to a stupid-unrealistic movie? Come on...

it is great that there were no collateral losses... but its still bad because there was loss of life.

Last edited by VR4Drive92; 05-05-2008 at 02:43 AM.
VR4Drive92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2008, 03:02 AM   #9 (permalink)
SOHC you in the FACE

Ondontii Level 1Ondontii Level 1Ondontii Level 1

Loss of life is one thing. Someone putting themselves in the path of death get what is coming to them.

The people that are hurt by death are those who are still alive. Selfish children taking their lives away from their families/friends.
Ondontii is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2008, 06:28 AM   #10 (permalink)
+ rep

Drives: A pair of Nikes.
OBXboost Level 3OBXboost Level 3OBXboost Level 3OBXboost Level 3OBXboost Level 3OBXboost Level 3OBXboost Level 3
Feedback Score: 32 reviews

Quote:
Have some respect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh1znack View Post
I agree. Not cool.

Yeah, I've seen these pics before. Life is fragile thing. People need to realize that they are not invincible. Even though we can claim these vehicles as our "toys," they really aren't. We must respect what they can do. Safe driving everyone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Tension View Post
Yeah and everyone else on the road is fortunate it was just him that died. No I won't have any respect as I have stated in the numerous streetracing threads on here in the past.
If you both have been here for a while, you would know what Turbo Tension does for a living. I'm sure I would have the same stance on the subject too. It's a shame that there was a death that resulted out of this a few years ago, but hopefully it was a big enough impact on the community that they live in to show others how stupid it really is and possibly deter others from doing the same and therefor saving more lives in the future.

3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Automotive Discussions > General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Free email addresses do not work(yahoo, hotmail, gmail,...)
We are currently being blocked by AOL so any AOL based address may not work(aol.com, aim.com, netscape.net, cs.com)
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.