1992 Sandstone VR4 Resto-Mod build. - Page 12 - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center
3000GT/Stealth International 3000GT/Stealth International

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Automotive Discussions > General

3SI.org is the premier Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2017, 02:22 PM   #111 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: 92 RT/TT & 91 SL
StealthyRT is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Default Re: 1992 Sandstone VR4 Resto-Mod build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warzone View Post
They are freaking fantastic, I absolutely love them. They are very forgiving, and ride so well, The ride itself is very quiet and pleasant, but when you load them up in a corner they feel firm, and the car stay's moderately flat. They are a Excellent Alternative to ECS.

I am on lowering springs, I have the TEIN S-Techs which have the same spring rate as stock so that helps the ride. Eventually I want to replace them with some Ground Controls, with 10-20% Stiffer spring rate.

I will be swapping out the Megan Coilovers on my NA for these with Ground Controls that have an aggressive spring rate.
Great to hear! I will probably go with these for my TT car, as I have S-techs for it.

The S-Techs are a pretty minimal drop so did you trim the internal bump stops on the bilsteins at all?

Now about your NA, I am looking into suspension setups for mine as it is my autocross car. Its looking like bilsteins will not work on a FWD car as the rear shocks are the incorrect length. Is this correct?

I wish we had to option for Koni's....
Rebuilt Motor, Test Pipe. Obx Down Pipe, Gutted Pre-Cats, Poly Mounts, EGR delete, Walbro 255, Greddy type-s, Profec B spec II, Tein S-Tech Springs, 3sx Pre Turbo Pipes, B&M 11x10 Oil Cooler, 99 Lifters, Forged 93 Crank, 3sx lightweight pully, GM 3" maf w/ MAFT, 98sl Flashable ECU, 550cc Delphi Injectors

1991 3000gt SL ATX swapped to MTX
Rebuilt Motor, 99 Lifters, Prothane Engine mounts, Test Pipe, 3SX STS, ̶t̶r̶a̶n̶s̶l̶a̶b̶ ̶s̶h̶i̶f̶t̶k̶i̶t̶, TT Plenum, intake resonator delete, 3SX Light Weight Flywheel, TT 1G Brakes, Clutch Damper Delete, Eibach 2810.140 ECS Lowering Springs

2003 SVT Focus - SOLD FINALLY

WTB:
StealthyRT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2017, 03:22 PM   #112 (permalink)
New User - Please be kind

bartosi1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Yeah I had a chance to buy a set of new unused tdo4 dnp manifolds a couple years back. For like 600 bucks. Wish I had. Considering the price of 3sx ones.
bartosi1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2017, 08:52 PM   #113 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: 1992 3000GT VR4
Warzone is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthyRT View Post
Great to hear! I will probably go with these for my TT car, as I have S-techs for it.

The S-Techs are a pretty minimal drop so did you trim the internal bump stops on the bilsteins at all?

Now about your NA, I am looking into suspension setups for mine as it is my autocross car. Its looking like bilsteins will not work on a FWD car as the rear shocks are the incorrect length. Is this correct?

I wish we had to option for Koni's....
Looking now it doesn't appear there are bilstein options for the FWD Rears That sucks, I may have to look into it more...

KYB GR-2's aren't bad I had those... If your car has ECS I would just keep that though.... I'll have to figure out what I want to do. I am tired of Coilovers lol.

I am on TEIN Springs yes, no I didn't do anything with the bump stops.

The S-Techs, which is what I have, have a bigger drop then the H-Techs...

Had a long day at work (Felt longer then it actually was, just one of those days) Got together with some friends for Burgers, Wings, and Alcohol.

Warzone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2017, 08:59 PM   #114 (permalink)
Drunk as a lord

Drives: 1995 Stealth TT
Forest Gump Level 3Forest Gump Level 3Forest Gump Level 3Forest Gump Level 3Forest Gump Level 3Forest Gump Level 3Forest Gump Level 3
Feedback Score: 121 reviews

Yes the internal bump stops are cut on those struts.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Pampena 3.5 Stroker, TiAL DR750s, oohnoo SMIC, DN Hardpipes, ID1000s, Walbro 416/485, E85, AEM S2, Dejon intake pipes, Tial QR, DN Precats, Tanabe Medallion Touring, 3sx Single Pass Rad, Stoptechs, Tein S-Techs, Bilstein HDs, RPS Max Street, JDM Final Drive
Forest Gump is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2017, 09:11 PM   #115 (permalink)
Forum Member

Thanks Forest. I bought them from Forest, all modified and ready to go, slightly used.
Old 04-20-2017, 09:35 PM   #116 (permalink)
popups FTW

Drives: 1992 VR4
eengler2 Level 2eengler2 Level 2eengler2 Level 2eengler2 Level 2eengler2 Level 2
Feedback Score: 12 reviews

Nice improvement on the track visit!

eengler2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2017, 10:03 AM   #117 (permalink)
Forum Member

Thanks Eric, I feel like that is the best I am going to get right now without really pushing the car too hard and risking causing damage to things. I'll head back when I get Chrome ECU, and Injectors so I can turn the boost up.

The nice thing about that drag strip, is it is open 7 Days a week almost everyweek through ought spring, summer, and mid fall. which is pretty cool... So plenty of opportunities to head back.

Now that Tax Season is officially over, and I got my 2nd Raise for the year, I can finally get back to making progress on my cars. Going to put in a nice order to 3SX, and some other places for parts this afternoon... Nothing overly exciting, I want to get a few things working, repaired, etc. before I chase more power.

My radiator fan crapped out on me, so I am going to buy two new stock fans, since they work so well, and try to get them to come on automatically like normal. I've been running them by switch for 2 years.

Also the wires on the Harness side of the Knock sensor are pretty bad, so I am going to replace that plug and repair the wires... The wire itself is in good shape, just the insulation is old, hard, and cracked exposing bare wire. So I will probably just strip all the insulation off it for a few inches, and put some thick heat shrink over it to avoid having to solder, or anything. adding solder, or crimp fittings on that stuff can really mess with the signal... Or so I've been told

I want this car to run and work like a factory car... So I should get it to that point before adding more power.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Automotive Discussions > General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Free email addresses do not work(yahoo, hotmail, gmail,...)
We are currently being blocked by AOL so any AOL based address may not work(aol.com, aim.com, netscape.net, cs.com)
Email Address:
Real Name(First & Last)
(Required/Hidden)
Mailing Address(Street)
(Required/Hidden)
City
(Required/Hidden)
State
(Required/Hidden)
Zip
(Required/Hidden)
Country
(Required/Hidden)
Date of Birth
Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.
Month Day Year

Privacy

Log-in

Random Question