Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1168 AWHP on pump e85

22K views 143 replies 52 participants last post by  JasonY 
#1 ·
Hello All,
I finally got some time to dyno tune my car on pump 93/e85 since the new AEM V2 and the new A1 studs...Results 1168 AWHP @ 40psi and not a drop of coolant:). To those who said the studs were a waste..:moon2:

The 1168 run hit the boost cut @ 40 psi and i was exhausted so i called it a day.

Thanks to Leonel and my brother for navigating the dyno as I kept my eyes on the gauges..lol

2012 11 10 17 57 27 897 - YouTube

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
That's awesome! Congrats on all your hard work! I'll be there...one day...

#22 ·
Congrats!

Twin 67mm turbos correct? Cams? Thought 40psi would have made more power with those turbos. What do you think would be holding it back or am I off in my thinking?

Either way, good stuff and let's see some more vids!

#24 ·
Yes, twin 67's non billet..its weird cause yrz ago when the turbos were fresh the car made 930awhp at 24 psi on e70ish ...they dont seem to push air like they used to...i have had them on the car since i built the engine in 07...
Cams are custom 272's on the high lift, stock MIVEC low and mid lift..

#23 ·
Good head studs are the best for keeping heads down and stopping coolant push on my dsm. I use the L19 (which are like the good a1 studs) headstuds and a composite hg and ran 40+ psi on a t67 on the dsm and daily drove it and hit full boost all the time. There is a hate for arp studs. The regular ones suck, but that doesnt mean there are not good ones out there. And those are awesome numbers. All I run on my high hp cars is pump e85, it is gods gift to turbo cars. So cheap and so much boost all the time.

#26 ·
Its cheaper than that here! Like 3.20. And it was under 3 for the last several years. And back in 08-09 or so it was less than 2 bucks. But even 3.70 is much cheaper than the 15 a gallon for c16...

#31 ·
That's gotta be one of the most satisfying 3S dyno vids I've seen. Very impressive. I can't imagine trying to pilot that thing down the track.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.