3000GT/Stealth International Message Center - View Single Post - Bought the $3k high mileage VR4 .... pls help
3000GT/Stealth International 3000GT/Stealth International

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   3000GT/Stealth International Message Center

3SI.org is the premier Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2017, 09:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
AlexxRyzhkov
Forum Member

AlexxRyzhkov is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bought the $3k high mileage VR4 .... pls help

Well shiet.

Preface: Car is a 1991 VR4. 180k miles.

Drove the car and the clutch pedal felt like complete ass. My friend's had exact same issue and we had to bleed it and it was fixed. Clutch literally wasn't disengaging even when floored. I said "quick easy fix " and bought. Dude took $3250 for it (with fancy subs and touch screen radio)

We went to Wally world and got some tools/fluid. Bled clutch, lots of air in system, pedal felt amazing. Leaking a ton of something. Probably oil. Start car up, feels like ass again. Still barely disengages. Said screw it and drove it home.

Was driving in 5th, gassed it and when it hit 2.5k RPM it just shook the whole car really hard. Later I was gassing in 2nd and when I hit 5k RPM I heard a "beep" sound and at 5.5k RPMs it just starting stuttering and breaking up. Thanks car. Apparently the weird beep is the clutch check valve?

When gassing in neutral, it revs up and drops down really hard. If you rev it up high enough, it'll literally almost die. Smells like she's burning oil. Checked Y-Pipe and no oil in it, she's dry. VSS?

Turbo's are stupid loud also, maybe a exhaust or boost leak? The whole exhaust looks custom.

Oh and it's got some fancy blow off valve, and literally inside the hose that connects to it and the intake, was a random piece of hose, partially blocking the BOV. Fun. I can't hear the blow off sound... ?

Whatever. Got a VR4 with mint interior, decent exterior, BBS wheels, and a fancy radio for a little over 3k. I excepted issues, and I got issues :/

For real, help me
AlexxRyzhkov is offline   Reply With Quote