Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Best NA clutch for TT convo

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Tsiturbomightym 
#1 ·
I think I need a new clutch for my TT convo. It slips at higher RPMS.

I know the recommended route is TT Tranny converted but I don't have the cash to spend on that right now. What FWD tranny clutch would you guys recommend to me? I don't dump the clutch from a dig ever. I need something streetable but can handle the added power of the turbos.

#2 ·
I must say that I am very impressed by the XTD clutches you can buy on ebay. I have the stage 4 unsprung for my VR4 and it has handled 500+awtq so far. Not sure what they have for NA, but I would definitely check them out...

edit: here you go. http://www.ebay.com/itm/XTD-STAGE-3-CERAMIC-CLUTCH-KIT-3000GT-STEALTH-2WD-/200881603065?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3A3000GT&vxp=mtr&hash=item2ec57a01f9 Not sure how much power you are making, but I would think this should cover you for bpu TT conversion. $118!!! Can't believe mine works as well as it does for only $250.

#5 ·
I must say that I am very impressed by the XTD clutches you can buy on ebay. I have the stage 4 unsprung for my VR4 and it has handled 500+awtq so far. Not sure what they have for NA, but I would definitely check them out...

edit: here you go. XTD® Stage 3 Ceramic Clutch Kit 3000gt Stealth 2WD | eBay Not sure how much power you are making, but I would think this should cover you for bpu TT conversion. $118!!! Can't believe mine works as well as it does for only $250.
Great link. Been looking at those myself.

#3 ·
Wow... that's pretty cheap. I was told by a local racer to not have an overkill clutch to increase life of the transmission. Ill look at this tonight more closely once im off work.
Thanks for the link.

#6 ·
I bought the Stage 4 Unsprung. It comes with OE flywheel. Ill have it checked out when it comes in for balance and let you know how it works out. Ive read to use the OEM TOB.

#7 ·
#9 ·
Too good to be true? Maybe. We'll see :)

#10 ·
I would've skipped the flywheel and gotten yours resurfaced if necessary.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#11 ·
In my experience the NA ones from them are garbage, lasted for a summer at best. That was like 6 years ago so hopefully they fixed those issues. I run RPS now, but have no idea about the NA world any more. Hope it works out, post up results once you get going

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.