Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

need help getting off stubborn bolt

777 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Richter12x2 
#1 ·
i cant get off the bolt that holds the fender in place that is located inside of the door behind the weather stripping. ive tried many times to turn it but it keeps bending that thin peace of metal and im afraid if i keep on its going to snap off. this is the only bolt i have left to get off my fender and im stuck so any help will be appreciated. thankyou

#2 ·
pb blaster, penetrant oil, heat

#5 ·
Is it accessable enough to drill it out?

Sometimes you just have to break a bolt or tab to get something off when its rusted in place. Propane torches dont heat enough to make a difference on rusted fasteners. MAPP gas is only slightly effective.

If you tear off a tab you can attach it back before reassembly.

-SP

#6 ·
Depending on whether you can get on it, try tapping the wrench handle with a hammer. Just a good sharp rap. When you pull on it, the friction makes the whole thing want to twist, but the sudden impact helps break that friction.

That's also the best way I've found to remove brake rotors that have a bolt holding them on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.