Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Does My Stealth Have Feelings?

3K views 41 replies 11 participants last post by  kelvinTurbo 
#1 ·
I had a buyer for her (6 yrs I have owned her very babied) today, she even brought her Mechanic. Well all of a sudden she started Tick/Tapping!!

Why did she do this? She has been sitting in the garage for 9 months, I did take her out for drives a few times...you can look at her at CL Reading PA.

The mechanic said she is great.no probs: Can I use stp product to stop the tap?

#3 ·
They do seem to have personalities sometimes.
Just let it run for a while to build up pressure in the lifters or go get an oil change and that should cure it. Sounds like she needs driver.

#5 ·
my first one had a nice personality, she was dependable, flashy

my second VR4... she is evil, it's like she is possessed, I have been locked inside it, been shocked by some electrical crap, burnt by a cig lighter that would not stop heating up on its own, at one time the seatbelt did not want to let go, the radio would turn on by itself and raise the volume whenever my wife was in it with me... yeah she has all the tell tale signs of a psycho bitc*

#8 ·
Kelvin's car said:
it was uneventful, I had a first owner who was a bit of a poof, I mean I saw things you know, he never got me up to fulfillment, I was a denied girl while all my sisters reached the peak with their men, ,y man just was too short for the task and he liked guys more than me

One day I found myself sold into slavery to an Asian insurance agent, he was such a bastard, he punished me with not changing my oil sometimes going over 5000 miles on the same rotten filth, one day I couldn't take it anymore and I tried to take my own life, my PTU exploded and then I was left to rot and be consumed by rats for 4 years until...

YES... one day he came, in his eyes a hint of malice but kind, like your modern pirate, a captain morgan in our times, he touched me, caressed my back bumper, he entered me, he touched me all over with so much passion that I couldn't help but let myself be ridden to all sorts of rpm like the bad girl I am, when he stopped riding me, I heard his name and I knew I was in love with this man, he will be mine forever... the next day he took me home and cleared a part of his garage for me, there he touched me more and made me purr like a kitten, all was perfect, we raced all sorts of things, went to all kinds of places, he'll treat me to the best things, turbos, intercoolers, flashy pitroad m stuff, one day he even got me a front end job and my headlights looked so awesome.

:mad: But one day she showed up, and he started spending more time with her than me... I mean I know I'm not human and she is... but still, Kelvin was mine first and this beotch thinks she can fly in and take him from me? no, she makes me so mad, she even kept me from going to the wedding with them, worst now there are 2 german "M" brothers sharing space with me and they are loud and obnoxious
interview with my car lol

#13 ·
20w-50? I put it in a car that sat a while. Had a very noisy lifter tick, but very apparent it was a lifter. Put in some 20w-50 and it was almost completely inaudible.

#14 ·
Update..The tick/tapping went away of course.Another girl called today she wants to buy .We agree on the day and I go to the garage and start her but when pushing in the clutch pedal IT DROPS TO THE FLOOR .I can't believe it. I frantically hold the clutch pedal in my bare hands screaming why ! I recently had a brand new clutch flywheel overhaul done ($1000.00) I call my Stealth mechanic he says don't worry try again.It is so weird that my Stealth after a few minutes after the call the clutch perfectly engages.
Even the kid at the garage said "I thinks she wants you to never let go of her"

#16 ·
Amazing how much we can invest in a car, not just money, but time, effort and even emotions. Behind the wheel, under the hood even just walking around it looking. We invest ourselves in it and it becomes an extension of who we are.

To some it's just a machine, gas here, oil there, this moves and that spins.
But to those with a passion it becomes so much more. I think you are one of those.

#19 ·
Amazing how much we can invest in a car, not just money, but time, effort and even emotions. Behind the wheel, under the hood even just walking around it looking. We invest ourselves in it and it becomes an extension of who we are.

To some it's just a machine, gas here, oil there, this moves and that spins.
But to those with a passion it becomes so much more. I think you are one of those.

Grandpa so true..I have always felt that with every car I have owned. I simply loved my cars and now I have to part with one, a car I loved for 7 years. To me she is a diamond still glowing. She sits bumper to bumper face to face with my new car in the garage. I just need more room for the new cars....

#20 ·
Originally Posted by Kelvin's car
it was uneventful, I had a first owner who was a bit of a poof, I mean I saw things you know, he never got me up to fulfillment, I was a denied girl while all my sisters reached the peak with their men, ,y man just was too short for the task and he liked guys more than me

One day I found myself sold into slavery to an Asian insurance agent, he was such a bastard, he punished me with not changing my oil sometimes going over 5000 miles on the same rotten filth, one day I couldn't take it anymore and I tried to take my own life, my PTU exploded and then I was left to rot and be consumed by rats for 4 years until...

YES... one day he came, in his eyes a hint of malice but kind, like your modern pirate, a captain morgan in our times, he touched me, caressed my back bumper, he entered me, he touched me all over with so much passion that I couldn't help but let myself be ridden to all sorts of rpm like the bad girl I am, when he stopped riding me, I heard his name and I knew I was in love with this man, he will be mine forever... the next day he took me home and cleared a part of his garage for me, there he touched me more and made me purr like a kitten, all was perfect, we raced all sorts of things, went to all kinds of places, he'll treat me to the best things, turbos, intercoolers, flashy pitroad m stuff, one day he even got me a front end job and my headlights looked so awesome.

But one day she showed up, and he started spending more time with her than me... I mean I know I'm not human and she is... but still, Kelvin was mine first and this beotch thinks she can fly in and take him from me? no, she makes me so mad, she even kept me from going to the wedding with them, worst now there are 2 german "M" brothers sharing space with me and they are loud and obnoxious
interview with my car lol

...kelvin lololo

#22 ·
Well I sold the Bell today...to a really nice lady...I gave her instructions on how I kept care of Bella. Use only Wix oil filters, Castrol GTX, NGK spark plugs,32 psi air in tires, Meguiars detailing stuff. Then I asked if she was gonna keep her garaged.The Bell was always garaged when I had her. But she said she has no garage...I am crying my heart out. Poor Bella is sitting outside in 10 degree weather as I speak.

#23 ·
And something weird happened also. When I turned on the radio for the lady , only AM radio would tune in. FM was fuzzed, nothing would tune in. Why did this happen? I did unscrew and superglue the delicate antenna so it wouldn't fly off. We did laugh about this she was glad the stereo has the AUX plug in.

#29 ·
So now she's gone. my baby is gone ..it really hurts. I cared for that Stealth like no other car for 7 years. I have been driving my new bmw 135i since last year and love love love it. It is a very different drive. But i just loved the way my Stealth LOOKED. That mean wide body and her motor sounded like a purr. The Stealth is sitting outside in the cold and my bimmer is in my warm garage. i hope Bell is okay.

#31 ·
I see you are an ultimate driving machine aficionado like me, there are lots of things you can do without breaking the bank to the 135 to make it come alive a little bit

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.