Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

How many daily drivers do we have here?

6K views 52 replies 49 participants last post by  Bob 
#1 ·
I am currently 26 years old and had been wanting a Stealth since I was 14, so now that I finally have one, it is my daily driver. I got the N/A partly for that reason.

I was just wondering how many others on here have a 3s that they use as a daily driver.

#30 ·
I usually drive my 93 SL but try to take the 95 VR4 to work at least once a week. I was DDing a Spyder until I sold it this past spring.

#31 ·
full DD every day. we take the wifes car on the weekends. she doesnt like "Sitting down in it" what ever go get in your wannabee suv/car/truck/crossover that does nothing well.

#35 ·
I DD the VR4 and the wife DD's the SL when there isn't salt on the roads. We also go on long trips in them. This year the VR4 went to South Carolina, and the SL went up to Niagara Falls in Canada.

#37 ·
My GTO is my DD and I plan on keeping it that way! The only change that's going to happen is the addition of two shells very soon...

#39 ·
92 S/TT, daily driveit for the last 2.5years. come next spring if plans go as i want it will be daily 3 days a week alternating with my porsche. it's too practicle not to daily it. especially here in NJ when we get snow. man do i get looks from people in their SUV's

#42 ·
Ive had my stealth for about 2 years and never had to DD mine i would drive it to work once a week on fridays. My now ex decided to crash both of my dd'ers so i am forced to drive it daily now. Luckly when i had my dd'ers it gave me time to get a 60k and all the maintanance needed on top of putting big bore lifters in. I refused to drive regularly because i was so afraid of snapping the timing belt. I drove this car all thru summer at 100-115 degree weather without no problems at all. I still have some problems to work out and some new things that have recently risen but the car is solid and is a blast to drive, plus after being in a lot of other cars lately, mostly newer imports i can say the seats are so comfy. As soon as i can get my daily i wanna do an engine over haul. Fingers crossed

Attachments

#44 ·
I DD my 93 SL (161k) on megan coilovers and use my 91 VR4 (89k) for the weekends. Although, i do take my VR4 to school or work every once in a while lol.

#46 ·
At 102k, Mine had spent the prior 12 years in a garage, accumulating only 22k through that time. After the cobwebs have been dusted out, it is now a dd for the time being. I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee I need to make some repairs to, but must wait till spring to do them, so the TT is on the road.. just taking plenty of care of it though, wash/wax every week, fluids tip top, etc... keeping it showroom clean inside. Tough, though, and I do like going without driving it every day - makes the first time in a couple days a bit more exciting. Once the Jeeps running, the TT will come out similarly to the bikes. She still hasn't seen snow (knocking on wood).

#47 ·
do not daily drive mine.

have an 05 subaru for that. or an 03 ford focus.

sometimes even my wife's 12 subaru.

#50 ·
We finally got snow here (Iowa) a few days ago so I have been driving my truck. I've been bummed out, I haven't driven my car all week. We are supposed to get slammed with snow tonight so it may be a while before I get to take her out again.

What's sad is my car would probably get around better in the snow than my truck b/c my truck is only 2 wheel drive.

#49 ·
I DD'd my 92 VR4 for 2 years with 13G turbos and all the supporting mods, fun daily driver, fast as a regular C6 on a roll for less than half the cost

DD'd my 95 Base for 4 years, hated parking it anywhere had a pearl white 3 stage new paint job, would have emo kids with their spike belts making wolverine slashes in my doors when they'd rub by, as if there wasn't room to not be scratching the hell out of my paint.

now i DD my 96 camry and drive my 03 evo a lot too, VR-4 is tending to sit since the evo is getting 24MPG and the camry gets 30

#52 ·
Have put about 50k on mine since March 2010. Drove to NG from Seattle and back with no issues. Race it a dozen times a year at autocrosses and lapping days. DD'd it since I owned it.

#53 ·
I've pretty much DD my '94 base since day one (August 1994) until I got a Ford Aerostar and the 3kgt set covered most of the time. DD the Aerostar from '97 until it was stolen in Jan 2000. The 3kgt has been the DD 100% since then. Since I'm an old(er) fart now, I do need to find another DD that's easier to crawl in and out of, and has more room. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.