Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Official 10th Annual Texas Gathering 2012

24K views 367 replies 44 participants last post by  95-VR4-DEMON 
#1 · (Edited)
I'd like to invite everyone to join us for the 10th Annual TX 3S Gathering.

Where: Austin
When: November 09-11, 2012

HOTEL:
Ramada
919 E. Koenig Lane
Austin, TX 78751
512-454-1144 or 512-472-6232

Our Group Rate is $79.99!
Ramada GM said:
We would provide a flat rate of $79.99 for each room, with one or two adults in the room - either a room with two x-long double beds or a room with one king bed. ($10 for each additional adult. Maximum occupancy is 4 people in a double room and 2 in a king room.) We would set aside 20 rooms for the group.

All of our rates include our complimentary full breakfast buffet of fresh eggs, potatoes, ham, sausage, biscuits, gravy, waffles, yogurt, sweet breads and muffins, toast, bagels, juices, coffee, teas, etc. Also included are free: WiFi, parking, guest computer workstation with fax and printer, newspapers, pool, fitness room, etc.

Each member who desires a room would call to the hotel (512-472-6232) and make a reservation using their own credit card. On November 1st the hotel will release any rooms from the group that have not been reserved, back to the hotel's general inventory to be available to anyone at the prevailing rate.
To reserve the room: Call the Hotel and tell them that you're with "3SI".

DYNO:

We'll be using the Dyno-Jet at Pro-Tech Performance.

Dyno pulls begin at 9:00 AM on Saturday 10

Rates are for 3 pulls:

$61.80 for 12 cars

$51.50 for 13+ Cars

(accounting for paypal fees.)

Just like back in 2009 - we will have a Pay-Pal account setup for everybody to PRE-PAY for the Dyno. When you Sign up on the list, we're expecting you to also send a payment for the full amount to the account within 24 hours. The first 12 people on the list MUST pay the $61.80, and if we have 13 or more at the end, we'll refund you the difference in Cash at the event. In the past we've gotten screwed because everybody signs up for the dyno, then several people fail to follow through. Adam will be taking care of this portion of the event - so direct any questions to him.

PAY-PAL ADDRESS:

forcefedvr4@yahoo.com

For the Track event, we'll be going to San Antonio Raceway. It's a great track that's pretty close to sea level. There are always good times here. We'll be going in conjunction with the Midnight Madness event they hold every month.

Gates open at 8PM. Racing starts at 9pm and goes on till 2am.
It's $10 for Spectators / $15 to run.

We'll be holding our car show at Bone Daddy's Austin on Sunday. They have ample parking, great looking chicks, and they've reserved the entire upstairs room for us.

A full itinerary with times, locations, and activities will be posted up later on this week.

1. atxvr4 - Javier
2. AdamVR4 - Adam
3. FeaRpb - Steven + The Kraken
4. Zaroth - Dillon
5. Ja3gt - JoJo
6. Jesters Deadd - Adam
7. 3000gttuner-Raul
8. Sean3S
9. Hotrodhendrix - James
10. MistaGrim - Chris
11. thorpedo22001 - Cole
12. DrastikCustomz512 - Dusty
13. VR3.9 - Mike
14. Rush6432 - Jeff
15. DuTTch -mark
16. SpyderGirl - Jan
17. Iceman_ii - Scott
18. 95-VR4-DEMON- Isaac
19. Vooch - Mike Mainard (& Vooch, Jr. - Preston Mainard
20. Marshall Taylor - Marshall
21. J-Groove - John
22. losmt2 - Carlos
23. GTwizard - Don

DYNO:
1. AdamVR4 - E16G's + race gas
2. 3000gttuner - Stock R/T
3. VR3.9 - 13T's + E85
4. DuTTch Billet 19T's HL E95+ some OMG LOL
5. Iceman_ii RT TT agent orange
6. J-Groove - 19T HL
7. GTwizard - NA - Silver bullet
Important Phone Numbers:

Javier Rangel 512-921-6492

Adam McDougal 512-695-7084

You asked for it, You got it! We’re gonna have another laid back party shin-dig at my place!

Javier's Address for Friday Night Party:
1001 Chimney Rock Dr.
Austin, TX 78758

Driving directions for how to get to my house from the hotel (6.5 Miles):

Friday night Javier’s House:
Take I-35 North to the Yager Lane Exit (244). At the Light (Yager) turn Left (W). Go on till the street ends at Lamar and turn Right (N) at the light. At the first street, turn Left(W) onto Chimney Rock Dr. It’s the first house on the Left – 1001 Chimney Rock. (Corner of Lamar and Chimney Rock)

Official Schedule

Friday 11/09:

Arrival and check in starting at 3:00

8:30 pm Javier’s House. Pizza, drinks, hangout, work on cars - Drink each other under the table and BS about past races.

Saturday 11/10:

8:45 am Caravan to / Meet at Protech.

9:00 am Dyno runs begin.

2:00 pm Dyno runs complete.

OPEN TO WHATEVER!... Cruise, Dinner, Get cars ready for track. Etc.

7:00 pm Gather at official hotel for caravan down to the drag strip.

7:15 pm Leave official hotel for San Antonio Raceway.

8:00 pm GATES OPEN! Midnight Madness at San Antonio raceway.
$15 to race / $10 to watch.

Sunday 11/11:

9:00 am Car wash and detailing on your own.

10:30 am Check out of hotel and cruise to Bone Daddy's for car show.

10:45 am Arrive at Bone Daddy’s to stage for car show. Time for last minute detailing.

11:30 am Lunch at Bone Daddy’s.

1:30 pm Car show voting and awards presentation.

After everything is said and done… GTFO!

:bandit:

See less See more
#307 ·
Tons of pics. Steve is getting them ready.

#314 ·
there was still Jan and her Mustang

#318 ·
Lemme unload shit today and do an inventory of what I got

#317 ·

Do I know you?Who the fuck are you?

#323 ·
How'd you pick up on the context swirling around that conversation? Lone Star Beer.
Not bad.
Dan
97Vr4

#321 ·

Hello DuTTch,you gonna pressure check - its gonna hold 31psi lol

#328 ·
I totally forgot about getting a shirt :(

#330 ·
I was so ready to spoon too. Next time I shall arrive early so I have time for it.

PM sent

#331 ·
anybody else wants a T-shirt pls PM me. I got some XL, L and SM left. They will be $20 shipped.

#338 ·
I only have SM and XL left!

#332 ·
Where are the rest of the pics???

#333 ·
He only took 700 pics

#336 ·
make sure you whitening up my teeth a bit

#340 ·
Well I finally ripped up the boxes the tranny/xfer case came in and everything looks OK (phew haha). I had IPS do the bell housing with Pampena's brace but there isn't really any way to check it without opening it up eh? I'll have to post up some pictures of my pile of parts.

#341 ·
thats more progress in one day then the last 2 years..................

#343 ·
I only took 2 photos at this gathering lol. And both of them are of your car Adam.

#344 ·
good job..............

#345 ·
I was lazy this year lol.

#346 ·
only a few more days to go in 2012

#347 ·
I keep on forgetting to follow-up here, but I just wanted to say that I had an amazingly fun time out there. It was great to meet all of the newer members and OG senior ones too. Adam and Javier managed to keep everything coordinated despite the last-minute surprises and circumstances - woo!

Next year is looking promising for a return trip! I am hoping to bring mine out for fun.

Also, here are two random videos that I took for those that have not seen 'em yet:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.